Nested P300Speller Matrices

Working with OpenViBE signal processing scenarios and doing scenario/BCI design
vicmarcag

Nested P300Speller Matrices

Post by vicmarcag »

Hi all!

I was wondering if OpenVibe supports the programming of nested matrices. In other words, if a command of a Matrix#1 can load a different #Matrix2.

For instance, we have two different matrices:
  • Matrix#1: a 5x5 matrix with commands that allow the control of a certain application (e.g., a web browser).
  • Matrix#2: a 9x5 matrix with alphanumeric commands that allows users to spells words (e.g., for fulfilling online forms).
And I want to include a command in Matrix#1 that opens Matrix#2 and viceversa (i.e., including a command in Matrix#2 that opens Matrix#1).

How can I achieve this with OpenVibe?

Thanks in advance

jtlindgren

Re: Nested P300Speller Matrices

Post by jtlindgren »

Hello Vicmarcag,

what you ask can be done by modifying the software, but it requires C++ programming -- and time.

Here's one possible design.

- Modify P300 Speller Visualisation box to interpret a specific input stimulation as a command to swap the matrix.
- Implement the support in said box to swap the matrix on the stimulation
- Make the Lua script in P300 accumulator box produce this stimulation when the user makes a specific choice,
or develop another lua box with solely the purpose of interpreting specific choice as a reason to trigger swap
- Route the swap stimulation to the P300 Visualisation box input

It might need some other stuff which would likely be revealed when attempting a concrete implementation. In any case what you ask is afaik not something that can be done in an afternoon.

Cheers,
Jussi