Handball Replay Feedback Not Working

Working with OpenViBE signal processing scenarios and doing scenario/BCI design
cremed

Handball Replay Feedback Not Working

Post by cremed »

I am trying to use the handball replay scenario. I have followed the steps with the signal monitoring, acquisition, classifier trainer, and online scenarios. The issue I am having is that when I go to use the handball replay the feedback seen in the handball vr is not the same as the feedback seen in the graz visualization. In the handball vr, the feedback is only shown as going to the right no matter the direction of the arrow. In the graz visualization the feedback is seen (at the same time) to change between left and right, usually corresponding to the direction of the arrow. I am using OpenVIBE v1.2.1, which was installed using the Windows installer on a PC using Windows 7.

jtlindgren

Re: Handball Replay Feedback Not Working

Post by jtlindgren »

Hi, this could be a bug in OpenViBE, maybe we have forgot to update the demo to correspond to new conventions in the classifier processor. Perhaps the demo expects both positive and negative values, whereas the processor might only return positive values at the moment.

When I have a moment I'll double-check if its that. If you manage to get it working faster, let us know please. :)

Cheers,
Jussi

jtlindgren

Post by jtlindgren »

My guess seemed to be correct and in addition there were possibly other issues related to goal counting. Those who know how to use git can get a fixed version from release-1.2.1-bugfixes branch. We'll publish a bugfix release eventually. Meanwhile, you can try to connect the Simple DSP between "Classifier Processor"s probability output(!) and Analog VRPN box, and try various formulas in the Simple DSP to flip the sign. For example "2*(-x)+1" might work to map [0,1] probability for left class to [-1,1] range that the Handball demo is happier with. The Simple DSP should be configured for Matrix inputs. This hopefully makes the ball move to the correct directions.

Thanks for reporting the issue!

Best,
Jussi

cremed

Post by cremed »

Hi Jussi,

Thank you so much for the help, I made the modifications and it works now!

Thanks again!