How I change the classifier of P300-Speller-xDAWN scenario?

Working with OpenViBE signal processing scenarios and doing scenario/BCI design
willianmrs

How I change the classifier of P300-Speller-xDAWN scenario?

Post by willianmrs »

Hello,

I'm using the P300-Speller-xDAWN scenario, but I want to change the classifier of this scenario.
The default classifier is the LDA, but I need to use the MLP classifier, but when I change it, the online scenario does not work anymore.

Someone has used the MLP classifier in this scenario?

Thank you in advance.

jtlindgren

Re: How I change the classifier of P300-Speller-xDAWN scena

Post by jtlindgren »

Hi, whats exactly the problem?

Some ideas in any case,

In OV 1.2.0 there's a small glitch in some demo scenarios related to the classifier trainer box. This bug can be sidestepped by replacing the classifier trainer box in the scenario with a new one and configuring it (we'll post a bugfix release later).

Secondly, the P300 design is very unbalanced, there's many more labels in the out-class than in the in-class, and subsequently the MLP often seems to learn a model that predicts the majority class. You can try to address this a little by toggling 'balance labels' setting 'on' or perhaps by tweaking the MLP training parameters. The spelling will definitely not work correctly if the cross-validation claims 0% accuracy for the other class. :) However, that might not a coding bug but just a result of the backprop training algorithm on label-skewed and highly noisy data.

Good luck,
Jussi