SSVEP-BCI Spatial Filter Box error

Working with OpenViBE signal processing scenarios and doing scenario/BCI design
cookednoodle

SSVEP-BCI Spatial Filter Box error

Post by cookednoodle »

Hello,

I am trying to execute the SSVEP example scenarios with my OpenBCI board. The OpenBCI driver emits all channels by default, so I have added a Channel Selector in the '2-training-acquisition' scenario to reduce the data to O1 and O2. The '3-CSP-training' scenario executes without error. However, when I run '4-classifier-training' I receive errors from each of the Spatial Filters: "Parsed too many coefficients" and "Unable to parse the expected number of filter coefficients." Checking the Spatial Filter configuration, I see 4 coefficients to go with the two input channels and two output channels.

I am not sure what is wrong. I see a recent post from someone else using the OpenBCI board with the SSVEP scenarios. I suspect I am missing something but am unsure how to troubleshoot. Any suggestions?

Thank you!

nfoy

Re: SSVEP-BCI Spatial Filter Box error

Post by nfoy »

Hello
These error messages occur when the dimensions of the filter are inconsistent with the number of channels (number of coefficients should be equal to number of input channels * number of output channels)
I'm not sure why you get this problem, but this might be due to an irrelevant filter parameter file. Retrain the CSP filter and double check you are using the same file when training the classifier.
Best regards

cookednoodle

Post by cookednoodle »

I was using the latest code from the "master" branch. After switching to the 1.1 release, the error does not occur. I see a commit having to do with the Spatial Filter parameter checking. I suspect the error has to do with that change but don't know if the change is in error or if the change illuminated some other problem.

Should I submit a bug report somewhere?

nfoy

Post by nfoy »

Ok it seems that one of our recent changes screwed things up...
Thank you for reporting this issue!
FYI OpenVibe's bugtracker is hosted there: http://openvibe.inria.fr/tracker/my_view_page.php
Cheers

jtlindgren

Post by jtlindgren »

The coefficient parsing should now be fixed in master commit 912174079c968fea6d36b1c4fdeee92c7fd667f3.

Thanks for the report! Please let us know if it gives you further trouble.

Cheers,
Jussi