Newbie in OpenVibe

Working with OpenViBE signal processing scenarios and doing scenario/BCI design
deepindraw

Newbie in OpenVibe

Post by deepindraw »

Hello everyone,
I am relatively new to OpenVibe and I am doing a project on developing a GUI for BCI system.I need to develop an EEG recording tool for mental workload/effort using NeuroSky Mindwave & Emotiv Epoc based in OpenVibe platform. These will be the main tasks in step by step order:
1) The software should be able to visualize the incoming time-based raw data and previous calculated mental states from the EEG.
2) Calculate the frequency bands from the raw data
3) Store data sessions in an exportable format
4) Build a classifier that recognizes the mental workload of the user

Since I don't have regular access to the Headsets, I have recorded some sessions with it and working with the recorded data. Until now, I know the basic things such as performing a session, recording them in files and loading them for next session. Now I want to proceed with the step 1. So, what do you I should have knowledge about or what tutorials should I read/watch to be able to visualize the incoming time-based raw data(in my case the pre-recorded data since I don't have regular access to the headsets). And how can I calculate the mental states(attention and meditation) from the previously recorded data?

Looking forward to your suggestions,tips and help. Thank you very much in advance!

gserrier

Re: Newbie in OpenVibe

Post by gserrier »

Hi,

Check box tutorials in the folder share/openvibe/scenarios/box-tutorials and you will find all examples you need to answer to all your point.
Some of them are listed in this page http://openvibe.inria.fr/box-tutorials/ (the page is not up to date, some tutorials has been add).

Guillaume

deepindraw

Re: Newbie in OpenVibe

Post by deepindraw »

Hi Guillaume, thanks for the links.
I'm able to visualize the incoming time based raw data. Any idea how can I visualize the previous calculated mental state from the EEG?

Thanks for the response!

Greetings,
Deepen