Interfacing OpenViBE with an external application

Working with OpenViBE signal processing scenarios and doing scenario/BCI design
Sachin

Interfacing OpenViBE with an external application

Post by Sachin »

Hello all

I am working with P300-xDAWN trainers and classifiers on OpenViBE version 0.18.0. Emotiv Epoc is used as data acquisition device. I have followed the on-line tutorial for classification of the characters using P300 algorithm and was successful in obtaining the results.

Tutorial link : http://openvibe.inria.fr/using-the-p300 ... -openvibe/

As a next part of my project I would want to extract the classified character or resultant character(flashed in green after classification) in P300-xdawn-4-online.xml scenario out from the open-vibe or feed it to some kind of file writers within open-vibe, so that I will be able to access it later in time.

Other than just visual display of resultant character(flashed in green), will it be stored in some file?

4 different classified characters will be generated one after the other, namely the letters F, Y, H and 9. How can I send these characters to an external application?

Can VRPN box be used for the same?? If so, How?

Please let me know if my problem statement is not clear.

Thank you all

Sachin

Sachin

Re: Interfacing OpenViBE with an external application

Post by Sachin »

Hello all

Can any one help me with the problem defined above? Its not yet fixed and I am stuck with my project. :(

I just want to know, where the letters flashed in green(i.e. classified output, resultant character) gets saved. Is there a way to use them external to the OpenViBE application.

Thank You all

Sachin

jtlindgren

Post by jtlindgren »

By default the predictions are not saved. You can try to send the stimulation streams to e.g. CSV Writer box or VRPN server.

http://openvibe.inria.fr/vrpn-tutorial- ... plication/

Happy hacking,
Jussi

Sachin

Post by Sachin »

Hello

What exactly do you mean when you say send stream of stimulations ?.

I am not able to connect VRPN server neither to Voting Classifier nor to P300 Visualization since the input and output streams are entirely different.

Since I am new to Openvibe, will you please take pain in explaining it in much more detail. ?

1. Where should I be connecting VRPN server or CSV writer in P300-xdawn-4-online.xml scenario to obtain the classified character?
2. Is there a way to modify the input stream of VRPN server ?

Thank You
Sachin

jtlindgren

Post by jtlindgren »

Button VRPN Server is taking in stimulations. You can try connecting anything with a stimulation stream output to it, for example the Voting Classifiers. You can merge stimulation streams first with Stimulation Multiplexer.

OpenViBE has its origins as a research platform which remains its primary use today. Although we try to make it easy, we have limited resources, and cannot anticipate all use cases. Really grasping OpenViBE likely requires the user to read the documentation thoughtfully, playing around with the tutorial scenarios, and spending time experimenting around. This is normal, and should reveal answers to the basic questions. For example, the SSVEP scenarios are sending classification outputs to external application. Even this external app is included.

Cheers,
Jussi

Sachin

Post by Sachin »

Hi.. I am finding it difficult to use VRPN servers for the problem I am facing..
Also, is there any way to make use of the RUN Command block in order to send the RESULT from the P300 Speller to a CSV file writer or a Text file???
How do i send the result from OPENVIBE P300 to an external application? Is there any way to make use of the Run Command box?