cursor navigation and control using eye blinks and movement

Working with OpenViBE signal processing scenarios and doing scenario/BCI design
mzleena

cursor navigation and control using eye blinks and movement

Post by mzleena »

Hello,
Is there an Openvibe scenario that allows people to control a cursor with eye movements and blinks?
Thanks.
Leen

fabien.lotte

Re: cursor navigation and control using eye blinks and movem

Post by fabien.lotte »

No there is no such scenario so far, the available scenarios being only BCI scenarios (so using only brain activity, not EOG/EMG artefacts recorded using EEG signals).
However it should be possible to build such a scenario with OpenViBE, so don't hesitate to share such a scenario if you make one!

Valeria

Re: cursor navigation and control using eye blinks and movem

Post by Valeria »

Hello!
I am actually interested in the same topic. I am doing a Master thesis and I have built up a simple one-channel EEG. At the moment I want to use a EOG signal (eye blinking) for controlling a cursor or turning a page of an electronic book (for example, the simplest application). However, I do not understand how is it possible to create such scenario in OpenVibe. I am very new in the EEG acquisition as well as in this software, so I would really appreciate your support. Maybe if you could please advice just a general guideline how such scenario can be created. Is it possible to build it within the software, by creating a box, or the best way would be for example to use a TCP server to connect to another computer and create an application on it?
Thank you very much!