communication OPENViBE / Simulink for robotic hand control

Working with OpenViBE signal processing scenarios and doing scenario/BCI design
roberto

communication OPENViBE / Simulink for robotic hand control

Post by roberto »

Hi all,

I am new here, and I apologize in advance for any english language mistake :-)

I am a master student and I'm doing research for my final graduation thesis work, that is focused on a robotic hand control based on a Emotiv Epoc BCI device.

I want to use OPENViBE for the data adquisition, signal processing and features extraction. Then I would like to establish a communication from the "OPENViBE output results" to the Simulink scenario, to implement classification and also because I need Simulink/Matlab because I will send commands to the robotic hand by an internet connection, and the server implementation and communication is realized with Simulink.

My main question is: How can I realize this communication in a online-mode?

Secondary questions:

- Wich features extractions do you suggest me to classifying right hand imagery movement (mental tasks)?
- Wich OPENViBE adquisition/processing scenario do you suggest me?
- How can I minimize (also no perfectly) the artifacts (ocular artifact mainly) using OPENViBE?

If you could help me it would fantastic. Thanks you in advance.

Roberto

roberto

Re: communication OPENViBE / Simulink for robotic hand contr

Post by roberto »

Any suggest?

Thanks for any help.

Roberto

jtlindgren

Re: communication OPENViBE / Simulink for robotic hand contr

Post by jtlindgren »

Hi Roberto,

you can take a look at motor imagery scenarios and matlab tutorials to get started. You'll need to construct/alter/combine your own solution from whats available and use your understanding of the subject + google to guide this process. However, afaik there is no specific artifact removal tool in openvibe at the moment, aside what you can do with linear filters.

Happy hacking,
Jussi