SSVEP and Motor Imagery with Emotiv

Working with OpenViBE signal processing scenarios and doing scenario/BCI design
Peegee10

Re: SSVEP and Motor Imagery with Emotiv

Post by Peegee10 »

@Kevin and @Nattaya

I'm trying to get the SSVEP Demo working, using the Emotiv Epoc, as well.
Kevin wrote: This time I used the frequencies (7.5, 6.666, 6) and I could reach to 86% performance.
Nattaya wrote: I finally got it working :D
The performance is 84%
This is impressive compared to my results so far. Until now I've been using the original frequencies from OpenVibe (12,15,20). What electrodes did you use and are there any other tips you can provide?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you,
Patrick (Peegee10)

joseherrera90

Post by joseherrera90 »

Hello such , I am currently working with the emotiv and open environment SSVEP example, but I have not received any positive result. all scenarios happened , did not leave me any errors , but only sometimes moves the boat. Can somebody help me? Thank you
:roll:

jtlindgren

Post by jtlindgren »

Hi Jose,

its important to have decent supply of electrodes at the back of the head (e.g. a set around Oz in the 10-20 system). Some people achieve something like this by inverting the Emotiv headset so the front electrodes move to the back.

Also the flicker aperture size can be important: its preferable to run with a big enough screen, and run the stimulator in fullscreen mode. If you run in a window, sometimes its been observed that the flicker frequencies are less regular.

Finally, make sure each scenario uses the data produced & recorded by the previous scenarios, and only those. (check the filenames in the reader, writer, CSP/spatial filter & classifier boxes)

Some users have had more luck with the basic ssvep demo than the mind shooter. They are slightly different in the signal processing.

The SSVEP stuff documentation can be found here,

http://openvibe.inria.fr/steady-state-v ... otentials/
http://openvibe.inria.fr/using-the-ssve ... scenarios/

Cheers,
Jussi

joseherrera90

Post by joseherrera90 »

hello friend, thank you very much for your information .

I've done more tests This Day and Have Achieved excellent results with the Emotiv Epoc and SSVEP Open Vibe. I used to LCD 21 ' monitor. I flipped the helmet 180 ° and Have swapped colors for the stimuli ( black - white) .

I modified: Epoch Duration = 1.7, Epoch Interval =0.9 and Frequency Tolerance = 0.750 . I will continue testing and I'll upload a video to youtube.