New to Openvibe - about signal processing algorythms

Working with OpenViBE signal processing scenarios and doing scenario/BCI design
illep

New to Openvibe - about signal processing algorythms

Post by illep »

Hello,

I am new to Openvibe, i need to know if there's any already implemented signal processing algorithms provided by OpenVibe to identify human emotions ?

cheers
Ill

ddvlamin

Re: New to Openvibe - about signal processing algorythms

Post by ddvlamin »

Hi,

At the moment, I do not know of any existing scenario to recognize emotions based on incoming EEG signals, but there are of course several signal processing boxes in OpenViBE which should enable you to create a scenario that does the necessary preprocessing and classification of the EEG signal to identify emotions.

I remember that another forum member was also interested in research involving emotion, the topic can be found here

If the discriminative information between emotions (e.g. high versus low arousal) can be found in the power in a certain frequency bands on certain channels you can use a channel selector box, a temporal filter box, an epoching box, epoch average box, simple dsp box and so on to construct features with the feature aggregator box to train a classifier

As an example you could use the neurofeedback and motor-imagery scenarios that come with OpenViBE.

Best regards,
Dieter