P300 keeps crashing

Working with OpenViBE signal processing scenarios and doing scenario/BCI design
karthiks

P300 keeps crashing

Post by karthiks »

Hey,

I am unable to run the P300 scenario. I can get the acquisition done, the xDAWN training done. It always crashes after the training classifier stage. So, basically, once the training part finishes, openvibe crashes with no log output.

Suggestions please.

Regards,

Karthik
Regards,

Karthik

ddvlamin

Re: P300 keeps crashing

Post by ddvlamin »

Hello,

The issue I have sometimes is that the size of the feature vector does not match the size of classifier's vector. However, in that case it does not crash, but provides the user with a message in the output, so this will likely not be the problem you have.

Did you try to set the log output to different levels, to see if you can come up with more information? And maybe it could also be useful to post the scenario you're using at the moment.

Best regards,
Dieter Devlaminck

karthiks

Post by karthiks »

Code: Select all

[ TRACE ] At time 1125147213824 (0x105f8000000) <Box algorithm::Classifier trainer> Raising train-completed Flag.
[  INF  ] At time 1125147213824 (0x105f8000000) <Box algorithm::Classifier trainer> Received train stimulation
[ TRACE ] At time 1125147213824 (0x105f8000000) <Box algorithm::Classifier trainer> For information, we have 240 (0xf0) feature vector(s) for input 1 (0x1)
[ TRACE ] At time 1125147213824 (0x105f8000000) <Box algorithm::Classifier trainer> For information, we have 1200 (0x4b0) feature vector(s) for input 2 (0x2)
[  INF  ] At time 1125147213824 (0x105f8000000) <Box algorithm::Classifier trainer> k-fold test could take quite a long time, be patient
[ TRACE ] At time 1125147213824 (0x105f8000000) <Box algorithm::Classifier trainer> Training on partition 0 (0x0) (feature vectors 0 (0x0) to 4294967295 (0xffffffff))...
[  INF  ] At time 1125147213824 (0x105f8000000) <Box algorithm::Classifier trainer> Finished with partition 1 (0x1) / 25563568036380673 (0x5ad1ee00000001) (performance : 0%)
[ TRACE ] At time 1125147213824 (0x105f8000000) <Box algorithm::Classifier trainer> Training on partition 1 (0x1) (feature vectors 0 (0x0) to 4294967295 (0xffffffff))...
After this, the openvibe system crashes.

It also crashes when I try to start the p300-speller-4-online with this message -

[  INF  ] Created kernel loader, trying to load kernel module
[  INF  ] Kernel module loaded, trying to get kernel descriptor
[  INF  ] Got kernel descriptor, trying to create kernel
[  INF  ] Adding [../bin/OpenViBE-plugins-*.dll]
[  INF  ] Added 2 (0x2) plugin object descriptor(s) from [../bin/OpenViBE-plugins-acquisition-dynamic.dll]
[  INF  ] Added 6 (0x6) plugin object descriptor(s) from [../bin/OpenViBE-plugins-classification-dynamic (LNMB-PC).dll]
[WARNING] Duplicate plugin object descriptor class identifier [SVM classifier] and [SVM classifier]... second one is ignored.
[WARNING] Duplicate plugin object descriptor class identifier [Confusion Matrix Algorithm] and [Confusion Matrix Algorithm]... second one is ignored.
[WARNING] Duplicate plugin object descriptor class identifier [Voting Classifier] and [Voting Classifier]... second one is ignored.
[WARNING] Duplicate plugin object descriptor class identifier [Classifier trainer] and [Classifier trainer]... second one is ignored.
[WARNING] Duplicate plugin object descriptor class identifier [Classifier processor] and [Classifier processor]... second one is ignored.
[WARNING] Duplicate plugin object descriptor class identifier [Confusion Matrix] and [Confusion Matrix]... second one is ignored.
[  INF  ] Added 2 (0x2) plugin object descriptor(s) from [../bin/OpenViBE-plugins-classification-dynamic.dll]
[  INF  ] Added 1 (0x1) plugin object descriptor(s) from [../bin/OpenViBE-plugins-classification-gpl-dynamic.dll]
[  INF  ] Added 1 (0x1) plugin object descriptor(s) from [../bin/OpenViBE-plugins-feature-extraction-dynamic.dll]
[  INF  ] Added 14 (0xe) plugin object descriptor(s) from [../bin/OpenViBE-plugins-file-io-dynamic.dll]
[  INF  ] Added 11 (0xb) plugin object descriptor(s) from [../bin/OpenViBE-plugins-samples-dynamic.dll]
[  INF  ] Added 27 (0x1b) plugin object descriptor(s) from [../bin/OpenViBE-plugins-signal-processing-dynamic.dll]
[  INF  ] Added 20 (0x14) plugin object descriptor(s) from [../bin/OpenViBE-plugins-signal-processing-gpl-dynamic.dll]
[  INF  ] Added 17 (0x11) plugin object descriptor(s) from [../bin/OpenViBE-plugins-simple-visualisation-dynamic.dll]
[  INF  ] Added 11 (0xb) plugin object descriptor(s) from [../bin/OpenViBE-plugins-stimulation-dynamic.dll]
[  INF  ] Added 19 (0x13) plugin object descriptor(s) from [../bin/OpenViBE-plugins-stream-codecs-dynamic.dll]
[  INF  ] Added 2 (0x2) plugin object descriptor(s) from [../bin/OpenViBE-plugins-streaming-dynamic.dll]
[  INF  ] Added 5 (0x5) plugin object descriptor(s) from [../bin/OpenViBE-plugins-tools-dynamic.dll]
[  INF  ] Added 4 (0x4) plugin object descriptor(s) from [../bin/OpenViBE-plugins-vrpn-dynamic.dll]
[  INF  ] Restoring scenario [E:/Openvibe/dist/share/openvibe-scenarios/bci/p300-magic-card/p300-magic-card-1-acquisition.xml]
[  INF  ] Importing scenario...
[  INF  ] Initialization took 1590 ms

(OpenViBE-designer-dynamic.exe:1440): Gtk-WARNING **: Could not find the icon '"%1"'. The 'hicolor' theme
was not found either, perhaps you need to install it.
You can get a copy from:
        http://icon-theme.freedesktop.org/releases
[  INF  ] Importing scenario...
[WARNING] At time 0 (0x0) <Box algorithm::Flashing Sequence> Inter repetition duration should not be less than 10 ms
[WARNING] At time 0 (0x0) <Box algorithm::Generic stream writer> Compression flag not used yet, the file will be flagged uncompressed and stored as is
Regards,

Karthik

ddvlamin

Post by ddvlamin »

It seems you have duplicate boxes with the same identifiers. Could it be there are some old files left from a previous version when you tried to update OpenViBE to the newest version as there have been some changes to the classifiers in the latest release. So maybe you're still stuck with the old classifier code?

I'm just guessing here, maybe one of the developers could provide a better explanation.

Best regards,
Dieter Devlaminck

yrenard
Site Admin

Post by yrenard »

Dear Karthiks,

Could you please check the origin of the ../bin/OpenViBE-plugins-classification-dynamic (LNMB-PC).dll file ? It looks like a duplicate of the ../bin/OpenViBE-plugins-classification-dynamic.dll, maybe with some modifications. If you intended to modify the openvibe plugins classification project out of its own directory, you should have disabled the original one...

Now coming back to the original question, the following message

Training on partition 1 (0x1) (feature vectors 0 (0x0) to 4294967295 (0xffffffff))
shows that there is a confusion in the feature vector indices when partitioning the training set. This has been modified recently and maybe it has not been tested enough. How many partition did you set for k-fold test ?

Hope this helps,
Yann

karthiks

Post by karthiks »

I deleted the old dll and everything became ok. :(

Yann, I am using my own branch to build a classifier for the project. The problem is when I update, the new files all get written in /classification/trunc. Is there some way I can get it to update my files? or I have to do it manually?
Regards,

Karthik

yrenard
Site Admin

Post by yrenard »

Dear karthiks,

as far as I know, you don't have write access to the SVN repository, so just keep your working copy in the trunc folder. When you'll SVN update your tree, the modified files will automatically be updated.

Hope this helps,
Yann