run the source from vs 2008 - beginner

Working with OpenViBE signal processing scenarios and doing scenario/BCI design
jamesLocal

run the source from vs 2008 - beginner

Post by jamesLocal »

Hello,

i have successfully downloaded the source code from the svn, and also added the necessary dependencies. Then i ran the win32-init_env_command.cmd-skeleton bat file to make all required files so the project could be opened in VS 2008.

Now i have the code in VS 2008. I need to know how to run the application, and get to the main application. How do i do that?

-- jamesL :mrgreen:

bpayan

Re: run the source from vs 2008 - beginner

Post by bpayan »

Hello jamesLocal,
Then i ran the win32-init_env_command.cmd-skeleton bat file to make all required files
I don't realy understand what do you mean. Because, this file is a default configuration file for compilation. If you are on windows, you must copy win32-init_env_command.cmd-skeleton to win32-init_env_command.cmd, and compile openvibe. I suppose you found the script for compile openvibe, "script\win32-build".
Now i have the code in VS 2008. I need to know how to run the application
you have 2 applications scripts, the acquisition server “dist\test-acquisition-server” and the designer “dist\test-designer”.
I don't use the VS 2008 editor, that's why I don't know if you can compile and launch openvibe directly with it. Personally, I made a link of these script on my taskbar.

Hope this helps.

Baptiste

lbonnet
Site Admin

Re: run the source from vs 2008 - beginner

Post by lbonnet »

Hello !
I don't use the VS 2008 editor, that's why I don't know if you can compile and launch openvibe directly with it.
Indeed, you can't compile and run openvibe directly with Visual Studio.
We provide scripts for everything :)
- win32-init-env : tells where are the project you want to build and which one you want to build
- win32-build : compile openvibe, using the win32-init-env script

You don't have to call win32-init-env by yourself, win32-build calls it on its own.

The build results are in the dist folder with dedicated scripts for each application.

Laurent
Follow us on twitter >> openvibebci

Checkout my (old) blog for some OpenViBE tips & tricks : here !