Connecting Emotiv to openViBE on Ubuntu 12.04

Working with OpenViBE signal processing scenarios and doing scenario/BCI design
wuwu622

Connecting Emotiv to openViBE on Ubuntu 12.04

Post by wuwu622 »

Hey everyone,

I was wondering if it is possible to acquire data from the Emotiv EPOCH headset on a linux platform.

I understand that driver from the Emotiv Research Edition SDK must be found on the computer, but the research SDK can only be installed on windows.

Is there some kind of work around for this?

p.s, when I open the acquisition server Emotiv EPOC isn't even the drop down list of options.

toncho11

Re: Connecting Emotiv to openViBE on Ubuntu 12.04

Post by toncho11 »

There is an official Linux research kit from Emotiv now!

http://emotiv.com/forum/forum3/topic2295/#message13452

I was able to download it. I will try it today!

We need to write a driver for it in OpenVibe.

It works. I could acquire raw signal on Linux. It also comes with some code samples that can be used for building a driver I believe.

-Anton

zackbam

Post by zackbam »

Yes, accessing the raw data is now possible. And the ThestBench Interface is cool. When should we expect the acquisition server to support Emotiv in Linux? Now that the Research SDK is also installed in linux, this should be possible the same way it happens in windows (where it looks for edl.lib)
So I will be trying and waiting...

Synonyms

Post by Synonyms »

Hey guys, I have been doing A LOT of searching on google, and i have reached this point where confusion is at a level of 100%

Can someone tell me whether or not it is possible to compile OpenVibe on my ubuntu 12.04 machine? I would really like a acquisition server driver for this little piece of equipment :)

Iv really tried to find instructions on how to compile... i found something about the FindThirdPartyEmotivAPI.cmake, but it kinda seem to be related to windows.. i might be wrong.

I hope someone could help me :)
I dont know if this is relevant :]
/home/user/EmotivResearch_1.0.0.5/

I am sorry if this is confusing or if i have searched in the wrong places.

All my best.

jlegeny

Post by jlegeny »

Hello Synonyms,

for now the Emotiv EPOC OpenViBE driver only works on Windows as we do not have a copy the Linux SDK available yet.

If the connection to the SDK is similar to the Windows version then it should not be very difficult to modify the existing driver to be compatible with the Linux SDK, but for the moment we do not have a way to test it.

If there is somebody with the SDK on Linux available and willing to write the new driver it would be of a great help.

Cheers
Jozef

Synonyms

Post by Synonyms »

I have both Driver, headset and SDK, but i havent had experience with writing a driver.

If i can help in any way! I would very much like to be able to access the headset from my openvibe ubuntu installation.

csmik

Post by csmik »

I am currently working on it with the Education SDK.
I will keep you inform and if anyone is working on it as well, it could be cool to discuss about it.
Cheers,

IOnlyThink

Post by IOnlyThink »

Hi guys,

We finally made it, here is the topic address: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4277

Best regards,
The IOT Team.
I Only Think - http://eip.epitech.eu/2013/iot/
A Brain-Computer Interface System