Matrix Displays crashing Designer 3.4.0

Working with OpenViBE signal processing scenarios and doing scenario/BCI design
nchild

Matrix Displays crashing Designer 3.4.0

Post by nchild »

Hello all,

I am working on developing a motor imagery control system for robotics applications using OpenViBE and the OpenBCI Cyton board. For foot motor imagery, I am working with the neurofeedback example scenario as well as an existing scenario for calibration that was created by Thibaut in the thread "About Neurofeedback Calibration."

The issue I am running into is that this calibration scenario was created in OpenViBE 2.2.0 and worked perfectly in that version, where it had matrix displays that would display just one value each, being the mean, variance, etc. I am trying to move over to OpenViBE 3.4.0 and when I recreate the calibration scenario with updated boxes in OpenViBE 3.4.0, each matrix display seems to be displaying some extremely large amount of values (200+ per matrix display) for less than 1 second and then crashes the Designer. The scenario works perfectly if I disable all of the matrix display boxes, so is there any other way I can get those values without using matrix displays? Or am I doing something incorrectly in my scenario for OpenViBE 3.4.0?
Thanks,
-Nathan

Thomas

Re: Matrix Displays crashing Designer 3.4.0

Post by Thomas »

Hi Nathan,

Indeed there is probably an issue in the new version of OpenViBE.
Could you possibly share your scenario files ? Both the scenario you have working on 2.2.0 and the newly updated for 3.4.0 ?

They would be really helpful to reproduce the issue, compare and debug.

Thank you,
Thomas

nchild

Post by nchild »

Hello Thomas,

Of course! I have attached the calibration scenarios for versions 2.2.0 and 3.4.0. I determined that in 3.4.0, the overlapping signal pipeline is displaying 250 values in each of the "OV" (overlapping) matrix displays, and only 5 values in each of the non-overlapping matrix displays, though only the first value has a number in each case. I am not sure exactly why those numbers are different, but maybe it has something to do with the number of epochs? The error should be reproducible with any .ov data file that contains the Cz electrode. Thank you,
-Nathan

(When I tried to attach my files, it says the board attachment quota has been reached. I hope this is okay)
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Hi Nathan,

Thanks for sharing your scenarios. I was able to reproduce the issue.

I also found its source and it happens to be a bug introduced in OpenViBE 3.1.0 during a refactoring.

I created a ticket will have it fixed for next release, that should happen in April.

Thanks for reporting this issue.

Cheers,
Thomas