OpenViBE forum

The OpenViBE community
It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:20 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:22 am 

Hi everyone

This is my first post in this forum. I just started to use Openvibe to build BCI using Emotiv EPOC+.

Having read related posts in this forum, I chose the scenario with CSP to run motor imagery. Since Emotiv cannot cover C3 and C4, during the testing, I have the headset tilted.

In the first testing, I used the original CSP example. The classification performance is only 60%. During the online session, the classification result is not stable which makes it hard to calculate the performance. It is always like, the classifier first gives a left bar and then shifts to a right bar, or the opposite.

So in the second testing, I added a Channel Selector which selects the two nodes above C3 and C4 before the Temporal Filter. But the classification performance during the training and online session is almost the same.

My question is: am I doing something wrong here? Is there anything I can do to improve the accuracy, or at least makes the prediction from the trained classifier stable?

Previous posts recommend Emotiv may work with ssvep and P300. So I also tried the P300 speller. But again the results were frustrating. The prediction is always A in the end. Could someone give me some advice on this as well?

I will appreciate any light into this.

Thanks,
Chandler

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:11 pm 

Hi,

After discussing with some colleagues, it seems that they had problems in the past due to the amount of noise on the signal with this headset.
Could you test your signal quality using emotiv software, to see if this is a signal quality problem or not ?

Cheers,