Scenario Control box not found

About BCI and box tutorial/demo scenarios bundled with OpenViBE.
dannyng

Scenario Control box not found

Post by dannyng »

I just started to use openvibe and currently running through the software tutorials. I encountered an error when I am trying out SSVEP-BCI-2 example.

In the designer view, the scenario control box is highlighted in red and cannot be found by the designer.

Running the example will throw an error - Failed to create runtime box [Scenario Control]

I compiled openvibe from source and running it in Ubuntu 18.04. Is there a way I can add the scenario control box to the designer?

jtlindgren

Re: Scenario Control box not found

Post by jtlindgren »

Hi Danny,

the 'Scenario Control' is actually a 'Button VRPN Client' box which has been named as Scenario Control. If the box is missing it is likely that the VRPN dependency has not been successfully found and used during the compilation time. Look at the build logs and if its the case that its missing, try to fix that. It should have been installed by the dependency installer script, but maybe there's some glitch on 18.04.

Cheers,
Jussi

dannyng

Re: Scenario Control box not found

Post by dannyng »

Yup that was the issue. Compiled VRPN and then I manage to get the scenario box in the designer view. Now looking at how to run VRPN as I am getting no response from server in the command line prompt.