yes, it is a linking issue. I switched to visual studio. I do know I'm adding the library correctly since as a test I added the SDL library using their tutorial in here http://www.willusher.io/sdl2%20tutorial ... ual-studio
and it was successful. But when I repeat the same procedure for the VRPN library it gives the linking error?
here is what I do :
1. I make an empty project in VS 2012. I add a c++ source file to it.
2. I go into the project setting and set Configuration to All Configurations.
3.in "Configuration Properties - > c/c++ -> General" set Additional Include Directories to the path of the include folrder.
4. in "Configuration Properties -> Linker -> General" set the Additional Library Directories to the path of the lib forder.
5. in "Configuration Properties -> Linker -> Input" set Additional Dependencies to "quat.lib;quatd.lib;vrpn.lib;vrpnd.lib;"
6. finally in "Configuration Properties -> Linker -> System" I set SubSystem to Console.
But when I compile the code I get these errors :
Code: Select all
Error 3 error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals C:\Users\kiyarash\Desktop\visual studio\vrpn_header\Debug\vrpn_header.exe 1 1 vrpn_header
Error 2 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __dtoui3 referenced in function "void __cdecl vrpn_SleepMsecs(double)" (?vrpn_SleepMsecs@@YAXN@Z) C:\Users\kiyarash\Desktop\visual studio\vrpn_header\vrpn_header\vrpn.lib(vrpn_Shared.obj) vrpn_header
Error 1 error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_MSC_VER': value '1800' doesn't match value '1700' in Source.obj C:\Users\kiyarash\Desktop\visual studio\vrpn_header\vrpn_header\vrpn.lib(vrpn_Connection.obj) vrpn_header
any help would be apppreciated .