Can't get the Matlab box working with OpenVibe

About BCI and box tutorial/demo scenarios bundled with OpenViBE.
neel

Can't get the Matlab box working with OpenVibe

Post by neel »

I'm trying to work through this tutorial: http://openvibe.inria.fr/tutorial-using ... -openvibe/

I've verified that OpenVibe can receive data from my actiCHamp. I followed the tutorial on displaying the incoming data with the OpenVibe Designer.

I've installed Matlab 2015b 32 bit on a Windows 64 bit machine. Then I installed OpenVibe, ran the Acquisition Server, and I'm getting this error:

[WARNING] No 'plugin object descriptor' found from [../bin/openvibe-plugins-matlab.dll]
even if it looked like a plugin module

When I look in ${Matlab_ROOT}/extern/lib/win32/microsoft/, I see the three relevant lib files.

What are some next steps that I can try?

jtlindgren

Re: Can't get the Matlab box working with OpenVibe

Post by jtlindgren »

Hi,

I assume you're using OpenViBE 1.2.2 Windows installer?

Acquisition Server is not using the Matlab plugin for anything, you should pay attention to the output of Designer.

In any case, it should say that 1 plugin object was found from the Matlab dll. You can use Process Monitor from Microsoft to see if there's some library that cannot be loaded/found on Designer startup. If you can find anything that seems suspicious, please post it here.

Good luck,
Jussi

neel

Post by neel »

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I downloaded and ran Process Monitor, then tried to launch the OpenVibe Designer (and the OpenVibe Acquisition Server). In both cases, I didn't see anything about a library failing to load, or any mention of the library files on the OpenVibe/Matlab tutorial page.

I noticed that a part of the PATH, it included C:\Program Files (x86)\MATLAB\R2011a\bin, rather than just C:\Program Files (x86)\MATLAB\R2011a. The tutorial said that the program would look under ${Matlab_ROOT}/extern/lib/win32/microsoft/. Is that a problem, or is that expected?

Is there anything else that I can try in order to give more information?

Thanks again.
Neel

jtlindgren

Post by jtlindgren »

Hi, if you still get the warning, can you find the dll in question and send it to me. Also please confirm you're trying openvibe v1.2.2 using the default Windows installer from openvibe.inria.fr ?

Best,
Jussi