Motor imagery tutorial problem

About BCI and box tutorial/demo scenarios bundled with OpenViBE.
VAL

Motor imagery tutorial problem

Post by VAL »

I HAVE JUST INSTALLED VERSION 1.0 WINDOWS. I HAVE NO PREVIOUS SCENARIOS TO UPDATE SO I DECIDED TO TRY AND RUN SOME OF THE BCI EXAMPLES. I CHOSE MOTOR-IMAGERY-CSP AND I RAN MI-CSP-5-REPLAY WHICH TAKES ITS DATA FROM A GENERIC STREAM READER FILE USING THE FILE ${Path_Samples}/signals/bci-motor-imagery.ov THE PROGRAM FROZE AND WINDOWS REQUESTED TO SHUT IT DOWN. THE CMD BOX REPORTED A FATAL ERROR -

[INF] adding configuaration file .../motor-imagery-csp/scenario.conf
[WARNING] algorithm creation failed class identifier, (0x2ba17a3c, 0x1bd46d83)
[FATAL] ALGORITHM ( 0xfffffffff, 0xfffffffff ) does not exist!

I KNOW THAT I'M NOT USING LIVE DATA BUT I THOUGHT THAT ${Path_Samples}/signals/bci-motor-imagery.ov HELD THE CULMINATION OF DATA FROM THE PREVIOUS TESTING,AQUISITION,CLASSIFING SCENARIOS?

I WAS ABLE TO RUN THE 'REPLAY' SCENARIOS IN THE .18 VERSION. AT THE MOMENT I'M JUST EXPLORING OPENVIBE SO IF I'VE MISSED SOMETHING LET ME KNOW.

MALCOLM.

jtlindgren

Re: Motor imagery tutorial problem

Post by jtlindgren »

Hello Malcolm, first of all, please don't write in upper case. :)

Second, the ${Path_Samples} points to the read-only file in openvibe installation, not to files the previous stages generated. Most of the demos work in this manner,
so you don't need to record your own data to run them. If you want to use your own data, you need to replace those filenames with the names of the files you recorded in the previous steps.

The important thing is to move the scenarios from program files to somewhere with write access, before loading/running them.

The crash you experience appears to be a real bug when the shipped classifier is used (instead of a classifier trained by the previous step). We'll investigate. Thanks for the report.

Best,
Jussi

VAL

Post by VAL »

Jussi,

don't know if this helps but should the configuration file 'scenario.conf' have been available before it was added or is it created during the run? In my installation it didn't exist in the directory it was requested from.

Malcolm.

jtlindgren

Post by jtlindgren »

Neither, this file is an optional config file which can be used to change the configuration tokens for the scenarios loaded from that folder at the start of 'Play'. Most scenarios do not use one afaik.

Cheers,
Jussi