Accessing SSVEP demo in older & current releases

About BCI and box tutorial/demo scenarios bundled with OpenViBE.
phoebe_chai

Accessing SSVEP demo in older & current releases

Post by phoebe_chai »

Hello,

I'm sorry if this question has already been asked. I noticed that SSVEP demo has been removed from recent versions of openvibe and are now only available in previous releases.

I tried download previous version (3.1.0) to access this demo but for some reasons a lot of boxes (identity, temporal filter, time based epoching, spectral analysis, etc.) are in red.

I have two questions:
1. How do you fix the problem with red boxes in the old version?
2. Do you have any plans on bringing back the SSVEP demo in further releases, and (just out of curiosity) why was the demo removed in the first place?

Any help is greatly appreciated!
phoebe

Thomas

Re: Accessing SSVEP demo in older & current releases

Post by Thomas »

Hi Phoebe,

Indeed the SSVEP demos have been removed because the graphical interfaces OpenViBE was interacting with, which were based on the Ogre library were getting old and difficult to maintain.
At the moment, we do not have the bandwidth to bring them up to dates in newer versions, but I agree, it would be nice to have them back in the future.

The red boxes are not a good sign indeed, it means that the kernel of OpenViBE did not load the boxes and therefore does not know them when you open a scenario where they are referenced.
The boxes you mention should all be available in OpenViBE 3.1.0, so I suspect a issue with the installation. Have you tried to uninstall and install again freshly to see if it fixes it? If the problem persist, could you share the logs printed in the console when OpenViBE launches ?

Also, for the SSVEP to work, you will need to come back to version 2.2.0. Even though the scenarios are present in 3.1.0, the graphical interfaces stopped working correctly from OpenViBE 3.0.0.

Let us know how you get on.

Cheers,
Thomas