Submit a new driver

Making & changing hardware drivers in Acquisition Server
tom3107

Submit a new driver

Post by tom3107 »

Hello,

I've written a driver for the g.USBAmp which runs in linux and I was wondering what would be the best way to submit it?

I've been through this guide: http://openvibe.inria.fr/contribution-rules/ so hopefully everything is correct in terms of coding conventions and so on. I've also prepared a git diff dump for all the changes necessary outside of /contrib/plugins/server-drivers/ and a .zip file for driver itself.

I can upload those two files here if you'll give me privileges to attach files or if there's a better way to submit the driver, please let me know

Thanks!
Tom

jtlindgren

Re: Submit a new driver

Post by jtlindgren »

Hello Tom,

thats great news. If you'd like us to integrate the driver to the openvibe distribution, basically you'll either need to make a copyright transfer or make sure the driver is entirely contained under contrib/ folder. What kind of modifications would be needed for the non-contrib part? If that part is very small and trivial, then a rights transfer won't be needed.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed. The code can then be emailed to me (see http://openvibe.inria.fr/contact/ ) , and we'll give it a review + look at the integration.

We are intending a new ov release soon (end of april or so) and we might be able to include it to that if you like.

Thanks, and

Best,
Jussi

tom3107

Re: Submit a new driver

Post by tom3107 »

Hello Jussi,

Thanks for the reply. The modifications for the non-contrib part are really trivial, I'm sure a rights transfer wouldn't be necessary. Basically it's just a small addition to the cmake file FindThirdPartyGUSBampCAPI.cmake so that the build system can find the C API library provided by gtec.

I'll send you through the code now so if it could be included in the next release that'd be great. I've been through the code a fair bit so hopefully there's no bugs. If any issues crop up, by all means let me know and I can help to work through them.

All the best,
Tom