OpenViBE built for Brain Products’s, how can i run Linux?

Making & changing hardware drivers in Acquisition Server
Giulio

OpenViBE built for Brain Products’s, how can i run Linux?

Post by Giulio »

Hi All,
My name is Giulio, i'm 20 and i study at University of Trento.
I study cognitive science and computer science, in our laboratory some researcher are just doing exeperiment with EEG, but i want to use the same hardware to do a BCI experiment.

We have this Hardware:

-actiCap:
http://www.brainproducts.com/productdetails.php?id=4
-BrainAmp DC:
http://www.brainproducts.com/productdetails.php?id=2

We want interface this hardware with OpenVibe, i'm new with this devices and software, i have found OpenVibe version for Brain Products, but it run only on Winows.

The package contains the Driver for all Brain Products and some example, but i need only the driver.

How can i run it also on Linux without using a Virtual Machine?
Can i take the driver from Windows version and put in a new Linux Version?

yrenard
Site Admin

Re: OpenViBE built for Brain Products’s, how can i run Linu

Post by yrenard »

Dear Giulo,

thank you for your message. The Brain Products devices do not have drivers for platforms other than Windows, thus the OpenViBE for Brain Products package is only built for the Windows platform.

That said, it is always good to report such feedback to your suppliers. If enough Brain Products customers are interested in Linux, they might consider providing a Linux SDK.

In the meantime, you will have to use a native Windows machine. Using OpenViBE for Brain Products in a Virtual Machine might work as well as soon as you can share the connection to the device (is it a USB connection ?) with the Virtual Machine. I would not put much trust in ERP or SSVEP BCIs running in a Virtual Machine though. At the end, that would be limit the use of OpenViBE for Brain Producst to motor imagery BCI, as far as the sample scenarios are concerned. By the way, what are your research interests ?

I hope this helps you !
Best regards,
Yann

Giulio

Re: OpenViBE built for Brain Products’s, how can i run Linu

Post by Giulio »

Dear Yann,

I have some news!
I have turned my pc in a Windows native machine!
I have successfully connected Easycap 32 channel & BrainAmp DC with OpenVibe software, and i have launched my first SSVEP scenario successfully too!
Move the spaceship weren't easy, but i think that i have to take more than one training session! This is a great reached goal!

But i have to go on, with research!
I have some question:
1) How many training session a individual have to take in order to have a good control of the spaceship?
2) I saw that the scenario saved the recording file, in a Record-[date].ov extension, there are any box (Not Scroll or Scan visualization) or just other program that can read this file and help me to do some offline analysis?

Thank you,
Kind Regards,
Giulio