Where to put .dll and .lib file when compiling a new driver?

Making & changing hardware drivers in Acquisition Server
zd8472

Where to put .dll and .lib file when compiling a new driver?

Post by zd8472 »

Hello, I just got a customized EEG hardware and would like to have it linked to OpenVibe.

The API files I got from the manufacturer are a .h header file and the associated .dll and .lib file.

By putting the .dll and .lib file in the same folder as the driver files (i.e. openvibe-0.17.0-src\applications\platform\acquisition-server\src\drivers\[ourdriver]), the compiler reported that the functions claimed in the .h header file cannot be found (which should be included in the .dll and .lib files).

So, where should I put these .dll and .lib files so that the OpenVibe compiler can find?

Thanks,
Dan Zhang
Tsinghua University

jtlindgren

Re: Where to put .dll and .lib file when compiling a new dri

Post by jtlindgren »

Hello Dan,

there's some instructions on how to add a driver to OpenViBE in these tutorials,

http://openvibe.inria.fr/tutorial-creat ... on-server/
http://openvibe.inria.fr/tutorial-confi ... ew-driver/

See directory 'contrib/common/' for files related to adding a new driver to the build tree.

To get the build find the header/lib, you'll need to add a CMake find script for them,
and call it in 'contribAcquisitionServerLinkLibs.cmake'. You can use the existing
find scripts in cmake-modules/ as examples. In 'FindThirdPartyThinkGearAPI.cmake'
you can see the important parts: cmake directives that specify both the directory
for the includes and the linkage of the lib to the build system, and the copying of
the lib to the install folder on install.

Hope this helps,
Jussi

zd8472

Post by zd8472 »

Hello Jussi,

Many thanks for your reply! Now the problem is solved! I should be more careful reading the documents :-)

Best regards,
Dan

sanhem

Post by sanhem »

hello zd8472,

I also want to link a new EEG hardware to openvibe. The manufacturer has provided .dll files for accessing the live data. Can you please tell me if how can I link this hardware using the .dll file. I would be very grateful, if you could provide stepwise instructions to link a new hardware in case if API for the hardware is available.

thanking you
sanhem