Driver for gtec device

Making & changing hardware drivers in Acquisition Server
alex369

Driver for gtec device

Post by alex369 »

Hi,,,guys

seems i got a lot of questions.... :(

I downloaded a installer file for testing my gtec Usbamp device. In the installation version, i can find the gtec support in the server list, whereas this device's driver can not be found in my complied version. Can someone explaine me how to get gtec device supported in the source file? Do i need to program something extra?

Thanks
Wang Yubo

jlegeny

Re: Driver for gtec device

Post by jlegeny »

Hello,

in order to have the gTec driver available in the compiled version you have to have the gTec USBamp API installed (the version has to correspond to your system 32/64 bit). You will also need the 32 bit version of the driver installed.

Cheers
Jozef

alex369

Post by alex369 »

jlegeny wrote:Hello,

in order to have the gTec driver available in the compiled version you have to have the gTec USBamp API installed (the version has to correspond to your system 32/64 bit). You will also need the 32 bit version of the driver installed.

Cheers
Jozef
Thanks for your replay.

The API is quit expensive, actually i think i only have a driver installed on my computer.
I wonder if it is possible that i can replace some files from the downloaded version to my compiled version such that the gtec driver can be used.

Thank you.

jlegeny

Post by jlegeny »

Hello,

If you are not modifying the Acquisition Server itself then you can just use the one from the installed version and use your own designer.

regards
Jozef

alex369

Post by alex369 »

jlegeny wrote:Hello,

If you are not modifying the Acquisition Server itself then you can just use the one from the installed version and use your own designer.

regards
Jozef
Thank you very much..
Now, i figured out how to do it.