Bluetooth

Making & changing hardware drivers in Acquisition Server
Anne

Bluetooth

Post by Anne »

HI everybody!
I would like to develop a driver that could be interfaced with a bluetooth system.
I have realized (as seen in the tutorial) the skeleton generation of the driver, and now i'm working in that new class generated.
I would like now to make a scansion of the COM ports of the PC and begin reading Bluetooth packets arriving in the right port. I have read on internet that i could use the SerialPort class, that is inside the System::IO::Ports.
I have tried to call System::IO::Ports, but it seems like IO isn't present in the System and that is the error:

error C2039: 'IO' : is not a member of 'System'

I have looked the System methods, and are present only CChrono, Math, Memory, Time, and not a lot of other (as IO) that i could use for reading COM port.
I don't know how resolve it and i apologise if this isn't the correct section where posting this question. Remeber i am a newbie with Visual Studio, I could haven't done something that mabye for other is very simple :(
If you also think that there is a simplest way to do what i need in other way, every advice is wellcome!
Thank you,

Anne

yrenard
Site Admin

Re: Bluetooth

Post by yrenard »

Dear Anne,

unfortunately, the System module that you have been digging on is the OpenViBE System module, not the one that was mentioned on the Internet including the IO stuff. Moreover, as far as I understand, this System::IO::Ports thing is Microsoft C# / VB, not C++. I suggest that you look at the OpenEEG driver. This driver communicates with the device using serial port so you will find most of what you need in order to implement your own driver.

By the way, what device are you trying to integrate ?

Hope that helps,
Yann

Anne

Post by Anne »

Hi!
Thank you for the replay. I have understood the point, while I was waiting I have searched some other possibilities (but still without success :( ). Now I'll look the OpenEEG driver, hoping resolving my problem.

I am trying to integrate an EMG wireless system (we have still to buy it, so waiting that i am developing the bluetooth reading part).
Thank you again,

Anne

yrenard
Site Admin

Post by yrenard »

Ok Anne,

keep us posted.

Yann

Anne

Post by Anne »

Hi!
I have found the solution. On the website http://www.codeproject.com/ there is the class CSerial that semplify enormously my work (I'm using Visual C++). I hope that this can be helpful for someone else :)
Bye,

Anne

yrenard
Site Admin

Post by yrenard »

Dear Anne,

that's great you found this out. By the way, if you plan to submit your driver for integration in the official release, please be careful with the licenses of the code you download on the internet. Integration may not be trivial.

Best regards,
Yann