How to add a new driver

Making & changing hardware drivers in Acquisition Server
shelldream

How to add a new driver

Post by shelldream »

Hi,
I am a beginner to this software.Now I met a problem .
I did like the "Tutorial1:Creating a new dirver for the acquisition server"said,using the OpenViBE-skeleton-generator-dynamic.exe to get the .h and .cpp file as expected.But when I try to register the driver to the acquisition server, I found that there was no folder named 'trunc' in the share/openvibe-applications/acquisition-server!!! There were even no .h and .cpp files(.i.e ovasCAcquisitionServerGUI.cpp) in all my folders which were created when the software was installed.
I wonder if I loose some source codes or anything else.
Best
Shelldream

jlegeny

Re: How to add a new driver

Post by jlegeny »

Hello Shelldream,

which procedure did you use to install the sources of OpenViBE? Did you download the source package as an archive or used the SVN?

Note that the trunc folder you are referring does not exist inside the share/ folder. It is found it the ROOT_FOLDER/openvibe-applications/acquisition-server. This folder only exists in the source distribution, you will not see it if you have used the installer.

Cheers
Jozef

shelldream

Post by shelldream »

Hi,
My system is WindowsXP,and I use the Visual Studio 2008 to install the sources of OpenViBE.According to what you said,I have found the trunc folder.
Thank you.
Best,
Shelldream

shelldream

Post by shelldream »

jlegeny wrote:Hello Shelldream,

which procedure did you use to install the sources of OpenViBE? Did you download the source package as an archive or used the SVN?

Note that the trunc folder you are referring does not exist inside the share/ folder. It is found it the ROOT_FOLDER/openvibe-applications/acquisition-server. This folder only exists in the source distribution, you will not see it if you have used the installer.

Cheers
Jozef
Hi,jiegeny
I want to konw what are the functions of the following scripts,'win32-build.cmd','win32-build.cmd','win32-dependencies.cmd','win32-generate-vc-proj.cmd','win32-init_env_command.cmd'?
Best,
shelldream

jlegeny

Post by jlegeny »

Hello,

I have written a new documentation page containing the descriptions of the files inside the OpenViBE distribution.

http://openvibe.inria.fr/description-of ... tribution/

Regards
Jozef