need help for openeeg driver fix

Making & changing hardware drivers in Acquisition Server
tomjoe

need help for openeeg driver fix

Post by tomjoe »

hi
i have connected openeeg digital board to openvibe and connected it successfully as per the solution given by nbaron
I am currently working on my own version of monolithEEG, so I study the schemes and firmware of both monolithEEG and modEEG.
modEEG does not have a switch (even internally and not implemented by seller, in the orginal circuit had provided one), so perhaps you can try that :
1) Connect modEEG (with power off) to PC
2) Start Acq Server and OpenVibe, without press play or connect
3) Now the tricky part, in that order and as quickly as possible : turn on modEEG, press connect, press play.

This is not convenient but it willl to identify the problem, If as Chris Veigl said it is a buffer problem.
I hope this can help.
jk.JPG
jk.JPG (191.98 KiB) Viewed 5865 times
i know the driver had a bug
so i tired the code provided by mswynghedauw
he has changed the declaration so im finding it difficult to compile the program
can anyone help me out or provide me a source code with the declaration that openvibe used for fixing the bug

yrenard
Site Admin

Re: need help for openeeg driver fix

Post by yrenard »

Dear tomjoe,

I have a fixed version of that driver. I'll tell you as soon as it is uploaded in the forge. I'm doing it this week and it will be included in the next release (by the end of the month).

Best regards,
Yann

yrenard
Site Admin

Post by yrenard »

Dear tomjoe,

I uploaded the fix to the SVN repository. Could you please update & rebuild aginst the trunc of the acquisition server and tell me what you get from this driver ?

I would also be interested in a Linux feedback if anyone could provide.

Best regards,
Yann

tomjoe

Post by tomjoe »

thanks for your update to the modular openeeg driver
it works fine with no problem
the previous problem has not been encountered.
but the connection is not lasting long for more than 15 mins.
their is no problem with the hardware because the hardware is tested with electric guru and the connection is lasting as long as we switch off the hardware.
thanks in advance if their is way to establish the connection for more long time.

yrenard
Site Admin

Post by yrenard »

Dear tomjoe,

It is nice to know that it's working better that it used to. What do you mean "it doesn't last more than 15 minutes" ? Do you have this "something bad happened" message again after 15 minutes ? Or is it your designer scenario that stops ?

Please give more detail so we can help.

As I already told several times, we don't have MonolithEEG hardware to test with. So problems on this driver are hard to solve if the OpenEEG community doesn't get more involved :)

Best regards,
Yann