Driver for Biosemi - ActiveTwo, custom library

Making & changing hardware drivers in Acquisition Server
Nicolas

Driver for Biosemi - ActiveTwo, custom library

Post by Nicolas »

Hi,

I am trying to build a driver for biosemi - ActiveTwo EEG. But I can't find how to add a custom library (here the driver to get the data) in openvibe. How could I do that ?
These drivers are not portable, would that be a problem ? (I am writing the TCP client at the same time).

Thanks a lot.
Nicolas Patry

nbaron

Re: Driver for Biosemi - ActiveTwo, custom library

Post by nbaron »

Hello !
To add your own driver to OpenVibe you need to write a specific class and modify the OpenVibe Acquisition Server.
You will find more detail by looking at the FAQ and tuto provided by OV's team and in the forum's topics.

I think in the next version(s) the driver system will be more "soft", like make your own dll and put it in a OVAcqServerDriver folder...
Then the Acquisition Server just scan that folder to fill its driver list.

yrenard
Site Admin

Re: Driver for Biosemi - ActiveTwo, custom library

Post by yrenard »

Dear Nicolas,

welcome back on this board, it's been quite a long time.

If you want to add a third party library for your driver (the biosemi SDK I guess), you will have to write your own cmake script based on existing ones in cmake-modules (see FindThirdPartyGTecGUSBAmpAPI.cmake as en example).

Then follow the tutorials on creating a new driver.

Unfortunatly, what nbaron said was wrong, the driver will still be linked to the acquisition server in the next release and this will stay as is. There is no plan to change this right now.

Nicolas, when you're ready with a working biosemi driver, please mail me so we can schedule its integration to the main stream.

Best regards,
Yann Renard