VHDR reader / BrainVision reader crashes the Designer

Concerning processing components: filters, file load/save, visualizations, communication ...
FFriesenborg

VHDR reader / BrainVision reader crashes the Designer

Post by FFriesenborg »

Hi,

so I want to read a recording in the format .vhdr into OpenVibe, which should be supported (according to http://openvibe.inria.fr/supported-file-formats/).
I was not exactly sure which reader is the correct one, since there is neither a VHDR- nor a BrainAmp-reader box to find in the Designer (nor did I find anything online). But the description next to the 'BrainVision format file reader' says 'Reads input havin BrainAmp file format', which seems to be the right one. If I now try to read the file there are two main problems: first there is the setting 'Epoch size', which surprised me a bit, since my file is not epoched but raw, so I went with the default (since there is no documentation about that setting at all). And second, as soon as I start the Designer it crashes and closes, no Error message, only a warning ('[WARNING] {[Common infos]} looked like a new section in the header file but is not know of this parser. Therefore anything after this line will be skipped until a new section is found').

I am not exactly sure what I did wrong. Maybe I misunderstood the 'Epoch Size' setting, or I have to use a different reader.
The VHDR file can be read by python, using MNE, without any problems.

Maybe someone of you has any idea what went wrong.

System:
Windows 10
OpenViBE 3.2.0

Thanks in advance,

Best Wishes

Fabian

Thibaut

Re: VHDR reader / BrainVision reader crashes the Designer

Post by Thibaut »

HI,
For VHDR I never test this format. But For Epoch size It's simple. Openvbie send values by epoch. So you don't get value one by one but epoch by epoch so on each loop the box send 0.625s of values.
For the box it's the Brain Vision box for VHDR you're right.
Can you share the file (I can't check now but maybe the vhdr header have been update since the last test of this format.)
Thibaut