OSC controller box to control Arduino board with g.MOBILAB

Concerning processing components: filters, file load/save, visualizations, communication ...
xfarmakh

OSC controller box to control Arduino board with g.MOBILAB

Post by xfarmakh »

Hi

We are currently implementing an SSVEP BCI experiment using OpenVibe and the ultimate goal is to control some external device (robot or wheelchair) that uses an Arduino Due board. From what I have found, the only way for this to happen is to use the OSC controller box to send OSC messages to a Processing sketch. Processing is a programming-language and environment, which can be used to control Arduino directly through serial-communication.

The problem is that we use a g.MOBILAB+ EEG recorder. As I understand, the only compiled version of openVibe with a g.tec driver set to Mobilab instead of USBamp is the 0.18.0, which does NOT include the OSC controller. Additionally, we don't have the gtec C API, so I cannot compile openvibe myself with the gtec driver.

I was wondering if there can be a Windows openvibe installer of the latest version, including g.MOBILAB instead of g.USBamp. Also, if there is another way to send messages between openvibe and arduino, please share some hints!

We run openvibe on Windows 7, the pc is 64-bit although openvibe is installed as 32-bit.

Thanks in advance,
Cristina

jtlindgren

Re: OSC controller box to control Arduino board with g.MOBIL

Post by jtlindgren »

Hi, I made you a mobilab package of the 1.1.0. Unfortunately I don't have the time to test it.

You can find it from here,

http://openvibe.inria.fr/pub/bin/win32/

Please let us know if it works for you. :)

Good luck,
Jussi