Python box

Concerning processing components: filters, file load/save, visualizations, communication ...
irejer

Python box

Post by irejer »

Hi,

Recently, I have installed OpenVibe 1-0-1. In the previous version I had an access to the Pyton box in the designer but now under "Scripting" category I have only Lua Stimulator and Matlab Scripting. Of course also my earlier scenarios with Python Boxes doesn't work now. Could you help me and point what should I do to regain the access to the Python Box?

Iza

jtlindgren

Re: Python box

Post by jtlindgren »

Hi, when you start designer, is there the following line in the output?

[ INF ] Added 1 plugin object descriptor(s) from [c:/Program Files (x86)/openvibe//bin/openvibe-plugins-contrib-python.dll]

If not, or if there's something else, what exactly?

Cheers,
Jussi

irejer

Post by irejer »

Jussi, thanks a lot!
In fact, I obtain the warning:

No 'plugin object descriptor' found from [c:/Program Files (x86)/openvibe//bin/openvibe-plugins-contrib-python.dll] even if it looked like a plugin module'

First, I thought that I should install the python library, but the library is contained in the mentioned folder. So what should I do to gain the access to the python box?

Best,
Iza

jtlindgren

Post by jtlindgren »

I've tested both 1.0.1 and 1.1.0 installers, and both include that .dll, and the box seems to appear normally
in Designer. Can you check if the size of the dll it mentions is approx. 170kb in bin/?

Cheers,
Jussi

irejer

Post by irejer »

I've just solved the problem. When students in my lab installed a new version of OpenVibe, they also reinstalled Python. Unfortunately, they chose 64-bit version of Python :). I haven't thought about this before but when I followed Jussi advice, I checked WHY Python stopped the cooperation with OpenVibe. So, Jussi thanks once again for your help. The problem has been solved by returning to 32-bit Python.

Best,
Iza

jtlindgren

Post by jtlindgren »

Okay, good to know, and thanks for the feedback!

Its a bit annoying that it cannot detect if the python interpreter is appropriate. Maybe we should think at the openvibe office if there's a nice automatic way to do this. I'll put it in our suggestion box.

Cheers,
Jussi