trend analysis with Epoch Average ?

Concerning processing components: filters, file load/save, visualizations, communication ...
barten6

trend analysis with Epoch Average ?

Post by barten6 »

Hi,
I'm trying to determine Signal Trends- I thought it might be a good idea to compare the Output and the Input of a "Epoch Average" box using 2 Inputs of a "simple DSP"-box according to the scheme shown at the end of the box' docu. The DSP does not Show any Output when connected to an "Epoch Average" box, neither when its Inputs are set to "Signal" nor when set to "stream Matrix".
Is there a Workaround for this?
Or do you recommend a better method for trend Analysis (except differentiating the Signal) ?

And here is another worry: Is there any way to make permanent Settings for Display boxes entered during execution time?

hope that someone has some ingenious advices... thanks in advance!

rds
Peter

jtlindgren

Re: trend analysis with Epoch Average ?

Post by jtlindgren »

Hi Peter,

you should get a warning that the times of the blocks are different. The warning mentions a configuration setting that could be used to ignore it. You can also put the epoch average to an immediate mode which should help with this problem.

Currently it's not possible to save the display box settings, but this is on our todo list. We cannot promise it for the next version, however.

Happy hacking,
Jussi

barten6

Post by barten6 »

Hi Jussi,

thank you so much for yr answer- farpaitement, as Obelix used to say. It's Magic! I would never have the idea to set the average-box to "immediate".
for your curiosity, I'm adding the Scenario where I used your advice.

By the way, what is the Situation concerning the Support for Cognionics HW? will there be a WORKING Driver for These devices soon?
best regards

Peter
Attachments
PB_Trend.xml
(130.46 KiB) Downloaded 287 times

jtlindgren

Post by jtlindgren »

There is a Cognionics driver in our git version and it should be in the next release (planned Jun. 2014). The driver is a contribution, meaning that inquiries wrt it should be directed to the contributing author. We do not have the device at Inria to test, so we can only test that the code compiles.

Cheers,
Jussi

barten6

Post by barten6 »

tnx
Peter

barten6

Post by barten6 »

jtlindgren wrote:Hi Peter,

you should get a warning that the times of the blocks are different. The warning mentions a configuration setting that could be used to ignore it.
Jussi
coming back to yr hint (quoted above):
would be very helpful, but there isn't such a file on my PC- only files that say "do not Change", and that include not the file which is shown in the warning.
where can I find and Change the Parameter "plugin....signalproc..simpleDSP....checkChunkDates" ?
rds
Peter