keyboard stimulator, GDF file writer and identity box

Concerning processing components: filters, file load/save, visualizations, communication ...
barten6

keyboard stimulator, GDF file writer and identity box

Post by barten6 »

hi everybody,

I'm quite new in OV, but I already made it to build some nice Scenarios. superb!
Nevertheless, a few functions are remaining enigmatic to me- maybe someone of you can unriddle them:

1.) Kbd-stimulator: one must explicetely click on the Kbd-stim-list-file-window (txt) before using the box- if you don't, the window keeps showing itself unselected, and keystrokes do not generate stimulations. How can this be avoided?
2.) Where is/ where can be defined which stimulations control a specific box (for instance the GDF file writer to start and to stop it) ?
3.) the identity box is supposed to do the Job of switching between real time (acq Client) and file reading (GDF file Reader), however I don't manage to add additional I/O-pairs. And even if I would, I should have 2 inputs per 1 Output, should't I? So how can such a Switch be implemented?

I'll be happy about any advice...
rds
Peter

jtlindgren

Re: keyboard stimulator, GDF file writer and identity box

Post by jtlindgren »

Hello Peter,

1. You should be able to activate the window with a mouse click. As windows get the focus in openvibe in the order they are opened, if some other window opens later, the stimulator loses the focus. One way to hack around this is to move the stimulator to be at the very bottom of the scenario. However this still might not work if external applications or anything else grabs the focus later. I don't see a better solution to this without doing code level changes.

2. As far as I know, the writer boxes are not controlled by stimulations. Instead, when you press play in designer, the file is opened, and when you press stop, the file is closed. Whatever was sent to the box between these two events, gets written to the file.

3. Identity box is exactly what it says, it writes out what was given as input. The name likely comes from multiplication with an identity matrix, meaning no effect. You could try to use the stream switch box instead.

Happy hacking,
Jussi

barten6

Re: keyboard stimulator, GDF file writer and identity box

Post by barten6 »

Hi Jussi,
thank you so much!
That clarified a lot.
Rds
Peter