CSP trainer scenario running forever

Concerning processing components: filters, file load/save, visualizations, communication ...
emerson

CSP trainer scenario running forever

Post by emerson »

Dear all,

I'm trying to use the CSP trainer scenario (motor-imagery-bci-2-train-CSP.xml), but it's not working. I left it running last week and it still running since (about 20,000 hours). Surely it's not working. I'm using data acquired using the Emotiv Epoc. I believe the data is ok, because it ran just fine in the classifier training scenario (motor-imagery-bci-3-classifier-trainer.xml). Just to inform, I using the default configuration values of the scenarios and I got no warnings or infos whatsoever on the console. The only thing I've changed in the scenario is the CSP train trigger, to match the stimulation name of the Play Controller. I'm using Ubuntu 11.04, by the way.

Thanks in advance for you help!

Cheers,
Emerson

lbonnet
Site Admin

Re: CSP trainer scenario running forever

Post by lbonnet »

Hi emerson,
I left it running last week and it still running since (about 20,000 hours). Surely it's not working.
Just for general information, when processing a relatively limited amout of data (channel count < 100, sampling rate < 1kHz, etc.) most of the OpenViBE processing unit are supposed to work in a reasonable time (as the software aims for real time interaction).
The filter/classifier trainers are the highest time consumer, but there' not supposed to last forever (in my experience, 10 min is a maximum).
The only thing I've changed in the scenario is the CSP train trigger, to match the stimulation name of the Play Controller
The stimulation specified in the Player controller is OVTK_StimulationId_TrainCompleted. This stim is outputed by the classifier trainer (as stated in its documentation page) when the process is done successfully. Doing so will automatically stop the scenario upon success.

If you use OVTK_StimulationId_TrainCompleted as a train trigger for the CSP spatial filter trainer, it means you expect that OVTK_StimulationId_TrainCompleted will be sent to the CSP trainer input when it is supposed to have enough data to start training (usually at the end of file). I'm quiet sure you will never have OVTK_StimulationId_TrainCompleted in the training file.

Did you try the scenario without touching anything ?

If the training process is not started automatically, you can still use a Keyboard Stimulator to manually trigger the training process when you assume you are at the end of file.

Hope this helps !

Laurent
Follow us on twitter >> openvibebci

Checkout my (old) blog for some OpenViBE tips & tricks : here !

emerson

Re: CSP trainer scenario running forever

Post by emerson »

Thank you Laurent! I appreciate your help! :)

Take care,
emerson