Error using matlab scripting box in p300 scenario

Concerning processing components: filters, file load/save, visualizations, communication ...
jmcl17

Error using matlab scripting box in p300 scenario

Post by jmcl17 »

Hi,

when i try to use the output of the voting classifier box (stimulation) on matlab scripting box in the p300-speller-5-replay.xml scenario i get the following error:

It seems like the matlab box don't recognize the type of input when it is supposed that it is an stimulation.

I appreciate any help.

Best regards,
Jose

jmcl17

Re: Error using matlab scripting box in p300 scenario

Post by jmcl17 »

I've been testing both in build version 0.14.3 as in build version 0.14.2 and nothing changes, i get the same error.

The strange thing is that if I connect the input of this matlab scripting box in another stimulation output (e.g. any of the classifier processor box for rows or columns) the program works fine, so I think the bug is in the voting classifier box.

Would there another way to get the result of the row/column selected to send to Matlab?

I hope you can help me.

Best regards,
Jose.

jmcl17

Post by jmcl17 »

Please i need your help.

Any ideas?

lbonnet
Site Admin

Post by lbonnet »

Hi Jose, sorry for late reply,

Unfortunately, as I don't work in the official support team anymore, I don't have Matlab to test this :(
The support guys are very busy right now (as stated on front banner on the website).
I will tell them directly about your problem, see if they have some spare time anytime soon!

I hope they get back to you soon !

Laurent-
Follow us on twitter >> openvibebci

Checkout my (old) blog for some OpenViBE tips & tricks : here !

jmcl17

Post by jmcl17 »

Dear Laurent,

Thanks for your reply and for notify the support team.

I hope they can fix the error.

I attach the scripts that I'm using in matlab if they will help:
p300_scripts.rar
(766 Bytes) Downloaded 403 times
I expect your answer.

Best regards,

Jose.

jmcl17

Post by jmcl17 »

Hi again,

I've been testing the scenario with the new release but it still doesn`t work. Has anyone been able to test it, to see if appears the same error?

jtlindgren

Post by jtlindgren »

Hello all,

the issue with Matlab box not outputting anything in this case seemed to be that the voting classifier outputs stimulations with timestamps in the past. This has an effect that the stimulations are not processed by the Matlab scripting box.

There's now a new "Stimulus Voter" box in SVN r3543. It allows tagging its output with various types of timestamps, among other things. You might be able to use it instead. Note that you'll need to slightly modify your scenario (e.g. combine label outputs from classifier processors using Stimulation Multiplexer and then pass them to Stimulus Voter, and route the output of that to the Matlab scripting box).

Happy hacking,
Jussi

ceclombart

Post by ceclombart »

Hello,

I also want to have the selected row and colomn in matlab. Did you find an easy solution?
I did the same thing that you, but as you it didn't work. I want to know if you try the solution with stimulus voter ? Does it work?

Thank you,

Cécile