wav file in openvibe

Concerning processing components: filters, file load/save, visualizations, communication ...
jamesLocal

wav file in openvibe

Post by jamesLocal »

Like playing GDF files, is it possible to play a wav file in a openvibe P300 scenario ?

yrenard
Site Admin

Re: wav file in openvibe

Post by yrenard »

Dear jamesLocal,

I suggest you try the Sound Player box. It should work perfectly on Windows. Or you could try the Run Command box with a command line sound player as described in the About the good use of the “Run Command” box post on my blog.

Hope that helps,
Yann

jamesLocal

Post by jamesLocal »

You mean vlc --play-and-exit p300file.wav on the runcommand Box ? :?
How do you connect it with the scenario ??

yrenard
Site Admin

Post by yrenard »

Dear jamesLocal,

the Run Command box simply executes a command when a stimulation is received. Chose the stimulation id output from the P300 Speller Stimulator box that best matches your needs. Then connect your Run Command box to the P300 Speller Stimulator box and you should get what you want :)

Does that help ?
Yann

jamesLocal

Post by jamesLocal »

I am a bit confused...
the Run Command box simply executes a command when a stimulation is received.
Understood
Chose the stimulation id output from the P300 Speller Stimulator box that best matches your needs.
By `stimulation id output` you mean the `produced stimulation'?????
Then connect your Run Command box to the P300 Speller Stimulator box and you should get what you want
Ok now the Run Command box has a single default input called `stimulations`, how do i get a output

Sorry i didn't understand this well :cry:

lbonnet
Site Admin

Post by lbonnet »

Hi JamesLocal
By `stimulation id output` you mean the `produced stimulation'?????
I think that is what he means :)
Ok now the run command box has a single default input called `stimulations`, how do i get a output
The Run Command box has an input "stimulations". You can set in the box settings the mapping between a stimulation received on the input, and a system command.
For example,

Code: Select all

Stim 1 = OVTK_StimulationId_Label_01 --- Command 1= echo plop
When the stimulation OVTK_StimulationId_Label_01 will be received, the command will print "plop" in the console.

Yann suggests you to launch a sound with a command when the stimulation you want is coming out of the P300 Stimulator Box.

When do you want to play the sound ?
If you want to add (or replace the visual stimulus by) auditory stimulus, the solution above will match your needs !

Cheers
Laurent-
Follow us on twitter >> openvibebci

Checkout my (old) blog for some OpenViBE tips & tricks : here !

jamesLocal

Post by jamesLocal »

Hello lbonnet & yrenard,

Well i think you got me wrong.. what i want to do is to use a wav file instead of a GDF file or a .ov file in the p300-speller-2-train -classifier.xml scenario :)

In this sample scenario a pre-recorded 'bci-p300-speller.ov' file is been used for training, my question was, can we use a pre-recorded wav file instead of using the pre-recorded 'bci-p300-speller.ov' file in the 'p300-speller-2-train -classifier.xml' scenario ?

yrenard
Site Admin

Post by yrenard »

Dear jamesLocal,

can you give us more detail of what you plan to do ?

I assume you plan to store EEG signals in an audio file ; an audio file usually has very different sampling frequency than EEG signals. Moreover, you'd be limited to 2 channels. So this, at first, sounds like a weird idea.

To answer your question, no, you can't load WAV files and consider them as EEG (there is no technical reason why you couldn't create such box yourself however).
To help you do what you want to do, we need more details.

Regards,
Yann