convertion from signal to Stimulation?

Concerning processing components: filters, file load/save, visualizations, communication ...
cbr0wn

convertion from signal to Stimulation?

Post by cbr0wn »

My team and I are trying to use the Button VRPN Server to convert EEG data from openvibe into our C++ application. currently we have the code working from the tutorial here (http://openvibe.inria.fr/vrpn-tutorial- ... plication/) for the VRPN Server, but not the Button Server. Even trying it with the keyboard yields no results after following all the instruction. Since we got the VRPN Server working with signals, we were wondering if this data in the form of signals can be converted into Stimulations so we can implement the Button VRPN Server in our pipeline. How would we go about doing this, because nothing has worked for us so far.

As always thanks for any and all help!

jlegeny

Re: convertion from signal to Stimulation?

Post by jlegeny »

Hello,

does the button server from openvibe connect to the button client in your application? If it does not then it will display periodical messages in the console. Do you obtain any other errors? Which OS are you using?

Transforming a (semi)-continuous signal to stimulations is usually done by sending a base value on the channel all the time (0 for example) and then sending short square-shaped signal with the amplitude equal to the value you wish to simulate. (like 1 for Label_01). The only way to generate such a signal (in general case) in OpenViBE right now is through either the Matlab or Python box.

Maybe if you could share more about your vrpn button integration (such as a simple program + the scenario which is used) I would be able to help you more with your issues.

Thank you
Jozef

cbr0wn

Re: convertion from signal to Stimulation?

Post by cbr0wn »

does the button server from openvibe connect to the button client in your application?

Our pipeline for the button server that we are testing out is simply the one from the tutorial (http://openvibe.inria.fr/vrpn-tutorial- ... plication/) and the "client" is the C++ code provided in the same tutorial which works fine with the VRPN Server but shows no error or indication of data being transferred in the terminal running the program.

If you have any ideas as to how we would use the Button VRPN Client then translate that to C++ code that would be awesome!
Do you obtain any other errors?
No only VRPN data is displayed as output though.
Which OS are you using?
Windows
Transforming a (semi)-continuous signal to stimulations is usually done by sending a base value on the channel all the time (0 for example) and then sending short square-shaped signal with the amplitude equal to the value you wish to simulate. (like 1 for Label_01). The only way to generate such a signal (in general case) in OpenViBE right now is through either the Matlab or Python box.
Could you point me in the right direction as to how I would go about using Matlab or Python box?

Thanks again for your help!