P300 Visualization and icons

Concerning processing components: filters, file load/save, visualizations, communication ...
MRichard

P300 Visualization and icons

Post by MRichard »

Hello:

First, I want to congratulate the developers. Very good work guys!

Second, I try develop a BCI for control aim robot and I need replace the letters of the P300 Visualization box for arrows icons.

So, how do that?

Regards.

lbonnet
Site Admin

Re: P300 Visualization and icons

Post by lbonnet »

Welcome on board MRichard, and thank you for your support !

The matrix of letters used in the P300 speller is defined in the file
\openvibe-plugins\simple-visualisation\trunc\share\openvibe-plugins\simple-visualisation\p300-speller.glade

I don't know if you are familiar with gtk and glade (glade is a GUI designer, you can find it here)

It's a table of labels, each label with a different letter. You can change letters, but you have to use UTF-8 characters ('>' for example). You can't put images of arrows instead of labels.

If you really want to use icons of arrows, you can have a look at the P300 Magic Card application. Scenarios and EEG files are available in \share\openvibe-scenarios\bci
Instead of flashing letters, images are flipping. I guess you could change the images and put arrows icon instead. However you have to modify the p300 magic card visualisation box to avoid the flipping.

As usual, you will find every resource files (images and glade files) in \openvibe-plugins\simple-visualisation\trunc\share\openvibe-plugins\simple-visualisation\

I hope this helps,
keep us posted !

Laurent

PS: we plan to add a "Made with OpenViBE" section somewhere, with videos, articles etc. Your work could fit in ;)
Follow us on twitter >> openvibebci

Checkout my (old) blog for some OpenViBE tips & tricks : here !

MRichard

Post by MRichard »

Thanks lbonnet.

I changed the file p300_speller.glade. I replaced the "labels" for "images". Then put each image in a file with my icons and surprisingly it worked!

The icons are black squares with. These are tranparent (ussing the alpha channel).

Also change the "flash background color" to red (225,27,27).

I'm waiting for the section "Made with OpenVibe" and send them a video.

Thanks a lot.
Regards.

Miguel.

lbonnet
Site Admin

Post by lbonnet »

Great Miguel !
We just tested and I'm glad it works :-)

I was not sure if the visualization box could handle images instead of letters, because it changes the font (size of the letter increases) when flashing.
But the soft is just warning you that it couldn't append text in the labels Target and Result at the bottom of the panel. No big deal !

When you have videos or other media we could use, feel free to send them to us !
Once we have enough medias, we will create the "Made with OpenViBE" section.

Regards,

Laurent-
Follow us on twitter >> openvibebci

Checkout my (old) blog for some OpenViBE tips & tricks : here !

stefan

Post by stefan »

Hello,

I'd like to do the same thing but I hvae P300-speller.ui instead of P300-speller.glade?? :?:

Thank you

jlegeny

Post by jlegeny »

Hello stefan,

welcome to the forums.

Some time ago we have switched from using libglade to gtkbuilder to make the OpenViBE interface. The changes impact only the C++ code used to interact with the user interface files.

The Glade Interface Designer is capable of editing .glade as well as .ui files and the use of gtkbuilder is now the 'right way' (reommended by gtk developers) to make interfaces.

Hope that helps
Jozef

stefan

Post by stefan »

Thank you for your reply :)
I've changed the letters into icons but the problem is that the icons do not increase on size or change the colours when they flash, not like the letters. Is there any way to change the colour or incease the size of the flashing icons to follow the same effects of the letters?
cheers

LucasBal

Post by LucasBal »

Hi there! I'm Lucas and i'm trying to design a P300 region based simulations with open vibe. I've been reading this and others post trying to understand how I can do this.
I think i've a lot to learn and i'm on it, but at the moment I need rapidly your help to design my own matrix.
My question is, How can edit the size of different widgets in glade? and, what file *.lua I need create or edit in order to obtain a correctly operation in openvibe?

I hope you can understand my question.

Thanks a lot!

Greetings from Argentina.