problems reading BrainVision files

Concerning processing components: filters, file load/save, visualizations, communication ...
KJeffrey

problems reading BrainVision files

Post by KJeffrey »

I am having trouble using the [BrainVision Format file reader] box. I want to import a bunch of NeuroScan.CNT files and use them to test my scenario's processing steps. So far I have been unsuccessful.

I began by using EEGlab's file import/export functions to import the NeuroScan files and export them to BrainVision format (call this the BVX version). The resulting files are readable in EEGlab. When I tried to open them in OpenViBE, I got an error: only multiplexed data is supported. I contacted EEGlab support and was steered to an updated function that allowed me to export the BrnVis file as multiplexed (vs. vectorized). So I created both multiplexed and vectorized versions of the BrnVis files.

I then tried to open the new MUX and VEC versions in OpenViBE and they would not open either, plotting flatlines with the Signal Display box. The VEC version did not elicit the "only mux-ed data is supported" warning, so that part worked at least.

Any ideas on accomplishing this file import would be greatly appreciated.

-Jeff

KJeffrey

Re: problems reading BrainVision files

Post by KJeffrey »

I managed to get this working, no need to reply.
-Jeff