BrainVision reader only supports "multiplexed" data

Concerning processing components: filters, file load/save, visualizations, communication ...
KJeffrey

BrainVision reader only supports "multiplexed" data

Post by KJeffrey »

I tried to use the BrainVison Format file reader box, but was informed that my BrnVis EEG file is not multiplexed. I had to use EEGlab (with a specific plug-in) to convert from NeuroScan .CNT format to BrnVis format, as that was the only way to get the NS EEG into OpenViBE. For some obscure reason, EEGlab demuxed the data, which is simply a matrix transpose.

Would it be possible for someone modify this box to multiplex the data (i.e. transpose the EEG data matrix) when it discovers it is in "channel-major format". Below is the info in the documentation. Is Yann Renard still available? Alternatively, we might be able to create a special version of the box that does this, if the source code is available?

Thanks,
-Jeff
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
BrainVision Format file reader
Summary

Plugin name : BrainVision Format file reader
Version : 1.1
Author : Yann Renard
Company : INRIA/IRISA
Short description : Reads input having the BrainAmp file format
Documentation template generation date : Apr 13 2023

Thomas

Re: BrainVision reader only supports "multiplexed" data

Post by Thomas »

Hi Jeff,

Just to give some replies to the last questions of your post:

- Yann Renard is not working on OpenViBE anymore.
- The box can probably be modified to handle both formats, and here is the location of its code: https://gitlab.inria.fr/openvibe/extras ... s/brainamp

Best,
Thomas

KJeffrey

Re: BrainVision reader only supports "multiplexed" data

Post by KJeffrey »

Hi Thomas,

I have been out of town for a few days, so just logged on and saw your reply. I will look ed the link, but this problem has temporarily been solved by exporting GDF files from Matlab.

Thanks,
-Jeff