About artifact subspace reconstruction (ASR) box

Concerning processing components: filters, file load/save, visualizations, communication ...
Hojun Jeong

About artifact subspace reconstruction (ASR) box

Post by Hojun Jeong »

Hello,

I'm Hojun Jeong, and working on the project for EEG-BCI

I have one question about the artifact subspace reconstruction (ASR) box.

I have already read the description of ARS box.

but I don't have any idea about how I can use the box for my designer.

There are two boxes about ASR, 'ASR Trainer' and 'ASR processor'

How can I connect them to perform pre-processing?

for example, ASR Trainer gives us 'model.xml' file and [Stimulation].

What does [Stimulation] means and how can I utilize it for my ASR processor?

Please let me know how I can use it.

In addition, if there are tutorial codes or documents, please let me know and share them.

Thank you :D

Thomas

Re: About artifact subspace reconstruction (ASR) box

Post by Thomas »

Hi Hojun Jeong,

Yes I understand, the box description is quite light.

So basically, this is a 2-step with 2 scenario process. The first one in which you can use the ASR Trainer and the second where you can use the ASR Processor with the model generated by the ASR Trainer in order to remove artefacts.

The ASR Trainer Stimulation input is listening for a specific (Train trigger) stimulation to know when to trigger the artefact detection training on the data. The Train trigger in question can be set in the box settings.
It does indeed save a model.xml and also outputs a stimulation which is always "OVTK_StimulationId_TrainCompleted" and allows you to know that the processing is finished.

The ASR Processor gets signal on its input and outputs a reconstructed (potentially in some places) signal, and stimulations (OVTK_StimulationId_Artifact) accordingly, to indicate where the signal has been reconstructed.
This way you can know live, or in your post-processing where artefacts where detected and corrected.

There is no tutorial code at the moment for this box unfortunately...

Hope this helps anyway, and let me know if there is something that wasn't quite clear.

Cheers,
Thomas

Connor16

Post by Connor16 »

Hello and thank you @Thomas for these precisions. I just have a small question, is a tutorial code planned soon for this box?

Thank you in advance for your answer,

Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Hi Connor16,

It has not been planned, but I note the interest for such a tutorial without being able to give time frame.

I take this opportunity to remind everyone that OpenViBE is an open source software and that we welcome contributions.
From documentation and code to box tutorial scenarios or posts that we can publish on the OpenViBE website.

You can find on the website, http://openvibe.inria.fr/, all information about contributions.

Thank you,
Thomas