Help / advice needed for PLV (Hilbert, connectivity measure, ...)

Concerning processing components: filters, file load/save, visualizations, communication ...
skan

Help / advice needed for PLV (Hilbert, connectivity measure, ...)

Post by skan »

Hi,

I'm a complete noob regarding all things EEG and I just started doing some research and experimenting, so please forgive me if I tend to mess things up a bit...

I'm working on an art project where I need to track a piano player EEG in real time and use the data to generate projected visuals. The main setup is based on a Muse2 headband connected to an acqusition server through LSL (via BlueMuse).

I already managed to isolate alpha, beta, delta, theta and gamma bands and get the usual ratios in order to process vigilance, workload, etc...

I wanted to make a little step further and process a "meditation" state. According to various papers, I need to consider instantaneous phase locking value between front and rear parts of the brain in alpha+beta bands (7-28Hz).

I read the docs, but I cannot understand how connectivity measure box works, it keeps on reporting errors, hanging or crashing the Designer app.
F.I. the following workflow crashes badly.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Thomas

Re: Help / advice needed for PLV (Hilbert, connectivity measure, ...)

Post by Thomas »

Hi,

Yes we are aware of issues with the connectivity measure box. Unfortunately we do not have a fix at the moment.

We are currently working on this box and should be able to provide a stable version in a future release.

Although the release containing the fix will not be before 3 to 6 months, the fix should be available at some point on the development branch of our repository "extras".

You can keep an eye at the list of commits here: https://gitlab.inria.fr/openvibe/extras ... evelopment.

Feel free to ping us again in some time for news.

Cheers,
Thomas

skan

Post by skan »

Thanks for the info! The project won't be ready before late summer 2021 anyway, so I might catch the update before that! ;)

skan

Post by skan »

Hi there!
So, is there any update about this? :wink:

Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Hi,

Yes, there is. We have now released OpenViBE 3.1.0, which contains a new version of the connectivity measure box.

If you wish to use it, you can obtain OpenViBE 3.1.0 on the download page.
You can find the box documentation here.

Overall, you can find about any box updated/added in the change log that now appears on gitlab

Cheers,
Thomas

skan

Post by skan »

Great news, thanks! Gonna check ASAP! :)