Lua stimulator box not available in scripting options

Concerning processing components: filters, file load/save, visualizations, communication ...
m.casso-echalar

Lua stimulator box not available in scripting options

Post by m.casso-echalar »

Hello!
Just after opening OpenVIbe, all the lua stimulator boxes in my scenarios where highlighted in color red.
highlight_examplescenario.PNG
highlight_examplescenario.PNG (27.68 KiB) Viewed 6869 times
I tried to run the motor imagery signal acquisition example scenario but got the same error message as in my scenarios:
lua_stimulator_errormessage.PNG
lua_stimulator_errormessage.PNG (13.02 KiB) Viewed 6869 times
While trying to add again said box in the pipeline, I found that it wasn't available as a scripting option anymore:
scripting_options.PNG
scripting_options.PNG (3.94 KiB) Viewed 6869 times
I also got this warnings when launching the program:

[WARNING] No 'plugin object descriptor' found from [C:/Program Files/openvibe-2.2.0-64bit/bin/openvibe-plugins-contrib-python.dll] even if it looked like a plugin module
[WARNING] File [C:/Program Files/openvibe-2.2.0-64bit/bin/openvibe-plugins-stimulation.dll] is not a plugin module (error:Le module sp

I checked, and both files are present in the bin folder.

This happened in the 2.2.0-.64bit version.

How could I fix this problem?

Thanks for your time!

Thomas

Re: Lua stimulator box not available in scripting options

Post by Thomas »

Hi,

Indeed the box appears read in the designer because the dll containing it hasn't been loaded. That's also why you don't find it in the scripting folder.

From the logs, I can see that the python module is not loaded. This is because it couldn't find python on your machine.

Are the two warnings subsequent as you copied them ? I can see that the log for the stimulation dll is cut. I think this could be a bug due to the bad loading of the python dll.

You can install python 2.7 (64 bits) on your machine, and make sure it is referenced in the PATH so that the python dll loads properly. This could fix it all.
Alternatively, you can remove the python dll from the bin folder.

If this doesn't fix it, it could be an issue with the stimulation dll itself of course. I would suggest a fresh install of OpenViBE.

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on.

Cheers,
Thomas

m.casso-echalar

Re: Lua stimulator box not available in scripting options

Post by m.casso-echalar »

Hello again!

I had an upper version of python so that might've been the issue. I installed version 2.7 and now the lua scripting and python scripting boxes are in the scripting options.

Thank you for your help!