Channel Localisation File Format

Concerning processing components: filters, file load/save, visualizations, communication ...
traviskv

Channel Localisation File Format

Post by traviskv »

Hello!

Could anyone explain the electrode location format? I am attempting to generate 2D topographic maps. I am using a headset that consists of an Emotiv Epoc decoder and a cap/electrode system from another company. As such, my electrode locations are different from the default Emotiv Epoc electrode locations. I know where the electrode_set files are and to open them with a text editor, however the electrode_set file I edited to use in my experiment returns an error in the designer command prompt.

I am using 14 electrodes at "Nz" "FPz" "FC5" "FC6" "FC3" "FC4" "C5" "C6" "C3" "C4" "C1" "C2" "CP3" "CP4" (these correspond to channels 1 through 14 respectively). The Emotiv Epoc DRL and CMS electrodes are located at "P3" and "P4".

I've attached screenshots of my electrode layout, electrode_set text file, and screenshot of the error.

Thank you.
Attachments
10-20 electrode layout
10-20 electrode layout
electrode_layout.JPG (74.88 KiB) Viewed 4421 times
screenshot of error in command prompt
screenshot of error in command prompt
electrode_error.JPG (118.86 KiB) Viewed 4421 times
electrode_set.txt
electrode_set text file
(566 Bytes) Downloaded 208 times

Thibaut

Re: Channel Localisation File Format

Post by Thibaut »

Hi,
The channels may not have the same name in your input signal.
If you make a signal display is the same?
Thibaut

traviskv

Post by traviskv »

Hello, Thibaut. Thank you for replying.

No, they are not the same. The incoming signal retains its Emotiv Epoc default channel labels. Can I override this?

I attempted to rename the channels in OV Acquisition Server (by renaming each channel under the "Driver Properties" settings), but it did not affect the signal as the channels still showed up as the default Emotiv Epoc designations.
Attachments
signal display showing Emotiv Epoc channels
signal display showing Emotiv Epoc channels
channeldisplay.JPG (137.41 KiB) Viewed 4401 times

traviskv

Post by traviskv »

I think I understand the error now, but I still have a concern. I would like to assign new channel designations to my input signal. How can I do this? I mentioned earlier that I tried to reassign the channel designations using the OV Acquisition client, but that did not seem to work.

Thibaut

Post by Thibaut »

Hi,
You have a channel rename box.
Thibaut