Brain product channel Number and names

Concerning processing components: filters, file load/save, visualizations, communication ...
Yael

Brain product channel Number and names

Post by Yael »

Dear Jussi,

I am using the brain product MR device with the 32 cap (BC-MR-32). According to the caps coordinates, channels 6 is C4 (for example). In the Openvibe designer I choose via the channel selector box channels (6;11-14;16;29-30) which correspond to (C4,F7,F8,T7,T8,P8,TP9,TP10) according to the company coordinates, yet when looking in the box_in information of the channels names( box_in.inputs{1,1}.header.channel_names) I see that the channels recorded are (F4,FC6,T7,C3,Cz,T8,O1,Oz).

Do you know if there is a mismatch between the openvibe channel list and names recorded by the acquisition device and the Brain Product cap positioning.

Which setup of the channel list is the best to record my desired electrodes i.e.:C4,F7,F8,T7,T8,P8,TP9,TP10.

Best,
Yael

Thibaut

Re: Brain product channel Number and names

Post by Thibaut »

Hi Yael,
It is possible that there is a problem of correspondence between the numbers of the electrodes and their names.
The simplest way would be to use the "Channel Rename" box to avoid getting confused in your numbers.
And to know the name associated with the numbers:
create an openvibe scenario that just reads your signal and "taps" the electrodes one by one to see which number corresponds to which position. Then you just have to put the good value in the "Channel rename".
Thibaut

Yael

Post by Yael »

Thanks, So just to make sure the problem is in the names, meaning that if I wanted channel 6- C4 - it did record this channel and this electrode and not channel 4 (F4) like written in the Channels names. The Openvibe acquisition can't change the specification of the cap right?

Many thanks,
Yael

Thibaut

Post by Thibaut »

I'm not sure I understand your sentence. So maybe I'm off topic.^^
But yes for me it is very likely that it is just a problem of inverted name.
According to the systems also it is possible that you have more channel than electrode (for example if there is an accelerometer, the battery charge ...) but they are easily recognizable by just seeing their signal. the "tapping" on electrode is the easiest and fastest way to check which channel is what. I would even say that it's an audit to do whatever happens when testing on a new headset.