Box: Stimulation based Epoching: select an epoch by the row or the column

Concerning processing components: filters, file load/save, visualizations, communication ...
etc

Box: Stimulation based Epoching: select an epoch by the row or the column

Post by etc »

P300 Speller: we have 6 rows and 6 columns.
In the box Stimulation based epoching, is it possible to select an epoch only from one row or from one column using “Input stimulations”? And if yes, what is the name of the field that I have to used to get, for example, the column number 4?
Thank you very much!
Etc

Thomas

Re: Box: Stimulation based Epoching: select an epoch by the row or the column

Post by Thomas »

Hi Etc,

Yes I think it is possible. The P300 Speller stimulator box is configured with a label for the first row (row stimulation base), and a label for the first column (row stimulation column).

The default value for the first row is "OVTK_StimulationId_Label_01", and the following are then indexed from it, so row 2 is OVTK_StimulationId_Label_02, row 3 is OVTK_StimulationId_Label_03, up to row 6 with OVTK_StimulationId_Label_06.

The default value for the first column is OVTK_StimulationId_Label_07, which follows the last row stimulation (very important not to have stimulation overlap). The columns follow the same logic that should lead to column 6 being OVTK_StimulationId_Label_0C.

So, if you check the base stimulations in your scenario, you can retrieve the stims for each row/column. They are all saved with the acquisition data, so you can use them in a stimulation based epoching box.

I hope this is clear but if not, feel free to ask.

Cheers,
Thomas

etc

Re: Box: Stimulation based Epoching: select an epoch by the row or the column

Post by etc »

Dear Thomas,
perfect!!!
Thank you!
Ettore