Mindwave

Ask for a new OpenViBE feature.
lbonnet
Site Admin

Re: Mindwave

Post by lbonnet »

Thanks for the feedback !
We currently have some issue with the website.
Some images are lost, these are not the first...

The official support team has been warned directly, investigations in progress :)

L
Follow us on twitter >> openvibebci

Checkout my (old) blog for some OpenViBE tips & tricks : here !

sfoglia1

Post by sfoglia1 »

Hi,

I've just purchased a MindWave Mobile and I'm trying to view data streams in a txt/csv file. I guess OPENVIBE is the right tool but unfortunately and apparently there's an issue with the MWB hardware.

Has there been any solution by now?

Thanks, Bruno

jlegeny

Post by jlegeny »

Hello Bruno,

we are currently in the process of obtaining a MindWave Mobile so we can address the issues. As we, unfortunately, do not have the device yet we can not look into this problem. A solution should be available in future months.

Thank you
Jozef

lostdog

Post by lostdog »

Hi,

I am interested too to buy Mindwave, and I prefer Mobile instead Mindwave, because I need to use it alternatively with pc and iphone.
But, I read that Mindwave Mobile is not compatible, for now, with OpenVibe.
Please, if anybody have success with this item, write the solution.

Thanks

lostdog

Mindwave mobile test report

Post by lostdog »

Hi guys.

Finally, I ordered mindwave mobile, despite the notices from some other users about non compatibility.
And, i confirm, doesn't work with openvibe.
I tried to understand why.
I noted that the standard programs can listen mindwave from two different channels: the COM port or the Thinkgear Connector Server.
The TGS automatically search, identify and connect for a neurosky device, and serve the data stream on 127.0.0.1. So, the programs that uses this server can have everytime the same datas from different hardware versions.
The COM port way is different. If i understand right (I don't have the RF mindwave, but only the BT):
- the RF model creates a bi-directional, standard COM port.
- the BT model creates a couple of bi-directional COM ports: in my system I found COM12 and COM13
To confirm the differences between the two models, and related communication standards, the mindplayer program, that connects directly to COM ports, ask to select between mindwawe or mindwave mobile, and it connect to COM12 of my system.
Openvibe scans ports from COM1 to COM16, but don't found the mindwave.
I think the problem is related to the different type of port (uni and bi directional).
So, i think is necessary write new drivers, for BT COM or for TCP server.

I have no time for now to do this.
When possible I will do some other tests and i will report here

jtlindgren

Post by jtlindgren »

Hello everyone,

I'm pleased to announce that since SVN r3590, MindWave Mobile should now finally work. :) Note that this is NOT released yet. It will be in 0.16.0.

Happy hacking,
Jussi

mrmulti

Post by mrmulti »

IT was good info about the USB-SERIAL 340 instead of the correct driver. But .. why not share with us how you changed to the right driver? Seems just saying you changed it didnt help much .. so the question i have is: how do we change that to the correct driver? and where do we get the driver. Oh! I just did it!

click update driver, browse drivers already installed, and choose mindwave driver!

slmille4

Post by slmille4 »

Should Mindwave Mobile work with the latest version of OpenVibe? I don't see it in the list of supported devices. Is there a how-to available for adding it?

Steve

jtlindgren

Post by jtlindgren »

It should be usable with the NeuroSky MindSet driver.

Cheers,
Jussi