Neurosity Crown native support

Ask for a new OpenViBE feature.
skan

Neurosity Crown native support

Post by skan »

https://neurosity.co/

They have a pretty open mindset and both hardware and software look awesome.
They use LSL, bit since that is still labelled as "unstable" in the Acquisition Server, could native support be added?

Thomas

Re: Neurosity Crown native support

Post by Thomas »

Hi skan,

We are currently not working with this headset, and are a bit short on man power to look at implementing its driver.

If someone knowing and willing to implement it reads this message: we can of course spend some time integrating it.

As for the LSL box, it is labelled "unstable" as it is lacking testing. However many people have already used it and it may work just fine.
If you give it a try, we would be happy to hear your feedback too.

Cheers,
Thomas

skan

Post by skan »

Yeah I use LSL myself with Muse2+BlueMuse and it's pretty stable most of the times, gonna check with Neurosity as soon as I get one and let you know! :)

skan

Post by skan »

Just a quick heads up to report that everything works pretty good with Neurosity Crown via LSL, I even managed to use 2 of them at the same time!

I just open 2 Acquisition Servers configured for different devices / addresses with 2 Acquisition Clients in my scenario!

It works almost perfectly on one PC, but things get pretty heavy soon with complex scenarios and errors occur. It seems like too many data at the same time for just one machine (I run 2 servers, 1 client and 1 external app made in UE4). So I made a simpler scenario that gets Theta/Alpha and outputs just 2 channels (one for each Crown).

I'm now trying to switch to a 2 PC setup ( see here, sorry for cross-posting : viewtopic.php?f=5&p=16925#p16925 ) - but the UE4 BCI plugin is not ready for that yet...

Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Hi skan,

Thank you very much for the feedback.

Cheers,
Thomas