Exporting resulting letters from P300 Speller to Processing

About Brain Computer Interfaces, EEG, neurofeedback, related event announcements, jobs, etc.
usama1

Exporting resulting letters from P300 Speller to Processing

Post by usama1 »

Hi all,

I have been working on a partially mind controlled QuadCopter project. I am using OpenBCI to run the OpenVIBE P300 Speller scenario. I have also successfully implemented the character based control of a quadcopter in a processing application. But as I am not really of a programming background, I dont know how to export the characters caught on the P300 Speller to the Processing app. Can someone please guide me into implementing this?

Thank you.

jtlindgren

Re: Exporting resulting letters from P300 Speller to Process

Post by jtlindgren »

Hi, this is mainly a matter of learning to program in whatever language your app is developed in. Here's the protocols that can be used for communication,

http://openvibe.inria.fr/overview-sendi ... -openvibe/

Good luck,
Jussi

usama1

Post by usama1 »

Hi,

Thanks for answering my question although it was not what I was looking for. But I have still achieved the desired results. I had to edit the ovpCBoxAlgorithmP300SpellerVisualisation.cpp file.
Now my problem is that I had to rebuild the entire thing from scratch after editing that file. It took a long time. And LSL.so keeps causing me problems upon new compilations and would not let the acquisition server work.

Is there any better way of compiling that one particular file and then going at it again?

jtlindgren

Post by jtlindgren »

Hi, sorry, maybe I misunderstood the question.

You can rig FindThirdPartyLSL.cmake or similar file never to find LSL, that way nothing related to it will be compiled. After, you can simply pick up the dll that has the modified box and replace the original file from ov installer by that.

Hope this helps. We haven't had lsl related build problems on our side, however.

Best,
Jussi

usama1

Post by usama1 »

Thanks a lot. It seems I am facing the LSL error only on OpenVIBE version 2.1.0 but not on 2.0.0. I dont know what is the reason. Even though the 2 versions are not that different. thanks a lot for your reply though. Sir can you please also guide me on another query?

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=9934

I will be grateful.