Neurofeedback visual display

About Brain Computer Interfaces, EEG, neurofeedback, related event announcements, jobs, etc.
teresab

Neurofeedback visual display

Post by teresab »

Hello,

I need to use OpenVibe to provide real time neurofeedback.
I would like to display a simple circle, whose diameter and/or color saturation change accordingly with a certain channel's amplitude, in real time. I don't seem to find any box/scenario in which something similar is performed.

Does anybody have any suggestions on how to do this? Should I use an external software to design this or is this something that can be achieved changing the code of existing boxes? If so, which boxes would you recommend?

Thank you in advance

jtlindgren

Re: Neurofeedback visual display

Post by jtlindgren »

Hello Teresa,

unfortunately you cannot do it with the existing boxes. At the moment OpenViBE doesn't have a box that'd let you somehow 'assemble' some arbitrary visualization from some basic elements without programming. Although such a 'generic' box wouldn't be unimaginable, I think it'd need several days of engineering work to design and implement. Doing just the basic box you require would take less time and likely an easy task for any capable C++ developer. Basically your options are either C++ programming or using some external application. If you're familiar with python, you could get a python script to do the drawing part for you (and run it via Python Scripting box). I'm not personally familiar with how that's done on the python side but likely there are suitable rendering libraries that could be used.

Best,
Jussi

teresab

Re: Neurofeedback visual display

Post by teresab »

Thank you for your reply! I'll experiment with both of your suggestions